The Songfactor's Choice Top Ten #79

Lucky

You got me on that one Kid !!!

Those Southerners are a bit 'different' to us. Never heard of them in Queensland. Just like when I went into a fish shop the first time I ever visited Melbourne, over 40 years ago, and asked what 'Flake' was.

The Proprietor and all of the customers burst out laughing, and told me it was shark fillets. I said "you eat bloody shark here ? ".

:)

Damn Victorians *shakes head*

We call them Mexicans, because they are south of the border, :laughing:

We call it 'flake' here in New South Wales too. But I don't know what a milk spider is either

• Replies 145
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Good on you Laurie. I hope you've had a nice Birthday. :)

Katie, New South Welsmen/women are fine except around State Of Origin time. (That's our major Rugby League Series where Queensland Vs New South Wales).

;)

We have 'flake' here too now. I think when a lot of Army guys transferred to Queensland from Victoria they demanded it. I reckon the fish shop near Enoggera Army Barracks was the first in Queensland to have it.

:)

Nice to see a little banter from Katie, Sammy and Ron. Not just on this Thread, it seems to be lacking on the Site. Someone said to me recently how boring Songfacts has become - not many 'characters' around any more.

Maybe everyone works too hard ? Maybe people take themselves too seriously ? Maybe everyone chats via PT (juicy gossip)? I also know some people are ill, and hope they're better soon.

:P

Well, there's been a bit of a lack of communication. :P

It looks like Chris and I got our 'Wednesdays in which part of the World' mixed up ! Chris will now open voting on the 'Ultimate Top Ten #3' in a day's time.

I won't say A time, because I'll probably dork it up.

I was hoping that nobody nominated a Beatles' or Stones' song this time and we could have a 'wide open' Top Ten for #80. However, I have no right to tell anyone what they can or can't nominate. I think I'm becoming 'disenchanted'.

I guess I'll just have to replace myself with someone emotionally stronger than I , who's only interested in the good of the Top Ten, and who's not afraid to make any necessary calls and stick by them ! This isn't a 'poor me' Post. Many of you know I've been thinking of leaving for a long time.

• I’ve searched for a source for a high quality presentation of Them Changes -- Buddy Miles (the original version) . .. The Band of Gypsies version is all well and good, but pretty much overshadowed and overwhelmed by Jimi Hendrix. Youtube has a Buddy Miles appearance on Playboy After Dark, but it is kind of messed up with Hef’s party crowd’s exorbitant exuberant clapping and showboat dancing. I hope y’all can access this track through Rhapsody (Without a paid Rhapsody membership, you can still listen to 25 tracks per month for free).

• And in the case of You’re Gonna Miss Me -- The 13th Floor Elevators , we’ll have to settle for this cheesy pseudo-playing & lip synch from a Dick Clark party.