True Or False IV

_Laurie_

• Replies 4.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

False - I can't stand either - especially other people's as they seem to lose there minds and sense of reality when presenting and speaking of them to others .

You would be quite content if we were part of the last generation to inherit the earth as a massive sterility hit the rest of us - God knows the earth would enjoy it . ;)

False- I don't even want to think about it. DH just goes and buys whatever he wants when he want it. That's why he didn't get anything for his B-day today and my daughter owes me money so I'm not feeling real generous there either. :smirk:

Your so bored most of the time you could just scream.

False , but I did as a child ... something warm and reassurring about them . I certainly could here , though , as we have no central heating and rely on the bed coverings to keep us warm .. and alive, some nights . Running a room heater all night is a luxury as electricity is enormously expensive in Japan . Count your blessings for a reasonable bill ! :P

You hope that people will talk about more enlightening and important things this Christmas season rather than what they want or hope to get in terms of gifts or general satisfaction.

True - it is so .

Interestingly , one finds that running heat all night is rather pointless and a huge waste . Flannel pajamas and a good quilt ( as well as a spouse ) create all the heat one really needs . There's no real suffering here , don't misunderstand . Infact , coming back home ( to Canada ) with central heating , I'm often unnecessarily warm - strip down to undies - and find the air dry as hell , and uncomfortable .

I've really come to the conclusion that central heating/ cooling , at least as we use it now , is one of the greatest culprits of waste out there. We have stores full of clothing to help us endure severe conditions , and , perhaps , as many are arguing against the rebuilding of New Orleans , we shouldn't be setting up cities where they are more a burden than a boon . No offence , Shawna , but Phoenix is a DESERT environment often reaching 110 + and it's dwellers should expect to be hot and sweaty - not climately controlled artificially at a comfortable 72 degrees . Otherwise , stay and adapt , or move elsewhere and leave Arizona , New Mexico , etc. to it's fate .

You 've fought the law but the law won .

False . Edna : what if 1/3 of the industrialized world's people , during the average sleeping time used little or no electricity ... wouldn't that help a bit ?

You suck . You know you do ; were teased about it in school , and all throughout your young adulthood - and now , however , you see they were right .