The Songfactor's Choice Top Ten #69

• Replies 214
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

But what's the point of it? What's the final verdict based on?

I don't know that there is a final verdict, per say. This is between the two of them! ;)

I guess to see which is actually flexible enough to listen to the other's music, and enjoy 2 songs enough to nominate them! Seeing as how each one is rather "stuck" in his own mud.... ;)

I'm just interested to see what they will choose!

:)

in TT #1 my nominations were

"Locomotive Breath" by Jethro Tull and

"The Mighty Quinn" by Manfred Mann

I didn't start (vehemently) supporting the 90s until after I've seen that (almost) nobody else did...

everybody needs a lobby, you know? :P

Edited by Guest

oh no, I didn't have any problems finding 60s nominations :grin:

the whole thing started in the "Videos for Prospective Nominations" thread like this:

alright! I will do it if you nominate a 90s song! :thumbsup:

I didn't want a 'contest' per se, but that's the way it worked out, so that's fine with me... :)

You didn't want a Contest ? You've been goading me by PT for ages about this. I'd have to go in as the underdog. After all, you're choosing from the best music in the Rock and Roll era, the 60s, and I have the... 90s.

Good Grief. :doh:

Can the aged veteran get himself up off the canvas one last time to face the onslaught of the brash new kid on the block ? Will guile, cunning and experience be able to overcome youth, confidence and lack of dementia ?

Tune in to Top Ten #70 and find out. :P

(So would you like 'final placings' for the 2 songs added together Martin ? eg your's place, say 4th and 13th = 17 and mine place 20th and 21st = 41, Low man wins, or do you just want to count Highest Song of the 4 ?).

12 x 35 = 420, that's all I have to say about that... :shades:

soo... Darryl is all about Drug songs now... I have to think about my nominations again... :shades: : grin:

I should have read the previous page (on my browser) first. Yes, I've heard the 420 thing before too !

Martin, I'm so psst off about 'Rainy Day Women' that I'm going to scrap it.

I nominate instead -

I Just Don't Know What To Do With Myself - Dusty Springfield (1964)

Ah, so that's where it came from Laurie. :)

My boys used to watch 'The Simpsons' without fail, and I saw quite a few episodes with them, but Val and I don't watch it now.

Catch you all later. I'll log in again tomorrow.

We brought our daughter and grandchildren back with us for a short holiday. Alyssa sleeps in my office where I have the computer, so I have to be out of here early each night. Also I play with Christopher and her a lot through the day. They and Val are all out shopping and going to an indoor playground today - should be home soon.

Patterns!!

List # 18 – 27th place - Shine A Light - Rolling Stones

List # 67 – 1st place - Shine A Light - Rolling Stones

List # 38 – 21st place - Tell Me (You're Coming Back) - Rolling Stones

List # 60 – 1st place - Tell Me (You're Coming Back) - Rolling Stones

List # 12 – 27th place - The Singer Not The Song - Rolling Stones

List # 69 – 1st place - The Singer Not The Song - Rolling Stones ????

And I meant to comment on this. :)

We have different voters now of course, obviously more who are 'Pro Stones'. Even though I nominated a Beatles' song this time, I'd like to see a "Moratorium" of, say, 5 weeks on Stones and Beatles songs. I agree with Martin that it is a bit like 'shooting fish in a barrel !'.

Hi edna. :)

You let everyone know that you were nominating a Stones' song - that was fine. I'm not having a go at you ! I nominated The Beatles also.

There's no ban on them as such; I'm just expressing my thoughts that I'd like to see a few Top Tens without Stones or Beatles - or just "NO #1s".

I used to carry on about Led Zeppelin and Jimi Hendrix when they were always getting nominated too.

You didn't want a Contest ? You've been goading me by PT for ages about this. I'd have to go in as the underdog. After all, you're choosing from the best music in the Rock and Roll era, the 60s, and I have the... 90s.

For some cloudy reason this Tommy Copper quote popped up in my mind: "The other day I went up into the attic and found a Stradivarius and a Rembrandt. Unfortunately Stradivarius was a terrible painter and Rembrandt made lousy violins." :)

For some cloudy reason this Tommy Copper quote popped up in my mind: "The other day I went up into the attic and found a Stradivarius and a Rembrandt. Unfortunately Stradivarius was a terrible painter and Rembrandt made lousy violins." :)

:laughing: :laughing: :laughing:

"Everyone knows rock n' roll attained perfection in 1974. It's a scientific fact." :P

I would like to take this opportunity to offend both sides simultaneously.

I know the world's in trouble when people start listening to the philosophy of Homer Simpson :crazy:

LIE DETECTOR TEST

O55: I've found so many good 90s songs I just don't know which ones to use !

LD: BZZZZ.

O55: Well I have at least ten.

O55: How about two ?

O55: Well I had two, but one's already been in ! I do have one.

LD: Beep.