The Songfactor's Choice Top Ten #69

• Replies 214
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Man, 1969 is overflowing with awesome rock.

Spinning Wheel by Blood, Sweat and Tears for example. Too many to try to mention here. I decided to go with one of the greatest plays ever, Hair.

Here are two hit songs (cover versions) from that wonderful musical. There were many more.

Hair-The Cowsills (1969)

Good Morning Starshine-Oliver (1969)

Great nominations, Joe!!! I nominated Spinning Wheel before I saw your post, honest. Cross my heart and hope to die. :blush:

Edited by Guest

Chris inspired me to my second nomination:

Cochise ~ Audioslave (2002) Video

Sunshine Reggae ~ Laid Back (1982)

Video

I don't even know if you ever heard of that song before...

and you know what? I don't care! *I would put a tongue smiley here if it weren't such an ugly one*

PS IF you happen to know it, I DO care whether you vote for it or not (and since I posted the video you really don't have an excuse *grinning smiley* )

I must confess that I've never heard of the group or the song before. However, it is quite a catchy tune. Who knows? It may sneak into my top ten.

Edited by Guest

LOL RonJon.

Whoa...Romeo's Tune. I think I nominated that one (to no avail) quite a while back. Good luck this go-round.

Hey, Peaches has been listening to the smooth jazz station I see. Excellent selections, Ten Pea.

I'm picking at least twenty this time. At least!

Holy Crap! What's been going on while I was away today? Nice y'all. How am I supposed to handle all these nominations! You couldn't have spread them around a little, no all in the same week! :stars:

There are too many seriously good nominaitons. Master sir bazooka, both of yours are entirely too good. :smirk:

Since things seem to be relatively quiet around here tonight, I guess it's time to shake things up a bit. :)

I think it's time to let the rest of you in on what's been going on behind the scenes here. My two lovely counteparts, Darryl, and Martin, have been having quite a go at one another, via PT's. You know that each of them believe that their particular musical "eras of choice" is the better. Oh, the many taunts, good natured insults, and smack talk I've had to listen to! Darryl's ready to kick a**, and Martin feels the "old timer" may need an army to back him up! Their words, not mine! :grin:

A challenge, a veritable BATTLE of the TOP TEN MODERATORS! Me, sweet Lucky, will act as referee for the event. Darryl will nominate two 90's songs, while Martin is relegated to the 60's. There will be no additional rules, other than the gentlemen will come up with their nominations by themselves, no outside coaching!

It may not be a case of Hell Freezing Over, but be prepared to take cover! I daresay the earth may tremble, and I know pigs are gonna fly!

So boys, to your corners! I want a nice clean fight, and may the best song win! :thumbsup: :grin: :thumbsup:

" Third-Rate Romance " - The Amazing Rythm Aces

Good luck with this one Kevin. I have nominated it twice before and it hasn't fared well. BUT .. It may be due to not being in a youtube package.

Hey SFers!!! If you are not familiar with this song - find it and give it a listen. Very cool!!! (but anti-techno/alternative)

Good luck with this one Kevin. I have nominated it twice before and it hasn't fared well. BUT .. It may be due to not being in a youtube package.

Hey SFers!!! If you are not familiar with this song - find it and give it a listen. Very cool!!! (but anti-techno/alternative)

Here's the audio for it.

:cool:

Yes! I always appreciate free mp3s. I would also like to know how I could post mp3s in my collection online for everyone else to listen to. :)

Although, that doesn't mean I can listen to everyone's, since the downloading would take several hours.

Edited by Guest

A challenge, a veritable BATTLE of the TOP TEN MODERATORS! Me, sweet Lucky, will act as referee for the event. Darryl will nominate two 90's songs, while Martin is relegated to the 60's. There will be no additional rules, other than the gentlemen will come up with their nominations by themselves, no outside coaching!

But what's the point of it? What's the final verdict based on?

great :), Sunshine Reggae ~ Laid Back (Audio)

and for your second question, I always use http://www.projectplaylist.com/ (the one for the myspace playlists) and if I can't find a song there (that I have in my collection) then I upload it to http://uploadway.com/

That has the advantage that you can directly link to the mp3, and thus people don't have to download the songs before listening :)