Videos for Prospective Nominations: Post & View Them Here !

• Replies 3.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I don´t think I´ll vote for it but must admit it´s a nice piece of rap... ;)

Now, I like this one... :thumbsup: *

I don´t like the Journey song... :P

And this one too...*

Now, "Polk Salad Annie" didn´t make it yet? :P I voted for it once, I guess I would vote again...

* but it all depends on other nominations... :shades:

I´ll renominate "I´m Gonna Make You Mine" - Lou Christie

and nominate"You must have been a beautifull baby" - Bobby Darin

I bet those that know this song will appreciate hearing while those unfamiliar shall see some true musicianship . . . Crank it!

Poke Salad

Marcus, please come and join us next Top Ten. :)

It's great to see you here again. :thumbsup:

I nominated Polk Salad Annie recently in Top Ten #83. 7 people (including me) voted for it and it came in 15th. If you and Lea had been here, it may have made it. I placed it #2, S2V (Ron) #3 - haven't seen him for a while ?

By all means nominate it again if you'd like to !!!

Here's another of my favorites. Anyone else like it ? I have to listen to a few here and put some feedback too !

Wildfire - Michael Murphey

And I'm going to nominate a 90s/2000 song soon (for Martin and Radhi). This one's by Australian Duo, Madison Avenue. It was #1 in Australia in 1999, just snuck into the Billboard Hot 100 at #88 in 2000, topped the U.K. Charts the same year. I wonder how it went in the rest of the World ?

Don't Call Me Baby - Madison Avenue

Anyone know (and like) it ???

I have contrasting tastes, don't I ? From a Country Ballad to a Dance Tune. :headphones:

Well hey, Old 55!

Thanks for the invite!

But first, like fingernails scratching a chalkboard so is the pronunciation of Polk.

It's been theorized that Elvis, since he covered this song, mispronounced it "Polk" instead of Poke, the true word for the plant that grew out in the woods and the fields that looked something like a turnip green.

Anyway, thanks everyone for the music selections and know that I appreciate them.

And, don't stop now, that is, adding great music to this great Muzik thread.

I have to catch up ! Promise I'll look at them later. :doh:

I just had my youngest daughter and her fiancee here(don't know if I told everyone my second daughter has finally got engaged ?).

I asked them to stay for lunch (2 hours ago) but they said they wouldn't bother, so I'm very hungry now ...and there's a Triathlon on TV I want to watch. Like to see them suffer. No, there's a couple of good Queenslanders in it.

Catch you all later. :)

I'll bet ANYONE that, if they've never heard this next song, that they'll love it upon their third listen . . .

In other words, listen to one of Muzik's favourite songs of all time! Three times!

You'll BE Fine!

Lost in the Milky Way,

Smile at the empty sky and wait for

The moment a million chances may all collide. . .

I'll be the guiding light,

Swim to me through stars that shine down,

And call to the sleeping World as they fall to Earth. . .

So here's your life,

We'll find our way,

We're sailing blind,

But it's certain nothing's certain!

(chorus)

I don't mind,

I get the feeling

You'll be fine,

I still believe

That in this World,

We've got to find the time...

For the Life of Riley.

From cradles and sleepless nights,

You breathe in life forever,

And stare at the World from deep under eiderdown.

So here's your life,

We'll find our way,

We're sailing blind,

I don't mind,

I get the feeling

You'll be fine,

I still believe

That in this World,

We've got to find the time for the first time . . .

Although this World is a crazy ride,

You just take your seat and hold on tight. . .

So here's your life,

We'll find our way,

We're sailing blind,

I don't mind,

I get the feeling

You'll be fine,

I still believe

That in this World,

We've got to find the time...

For the first time...

(Repeat chorus)

I like this one... :)

I also like these ones... :) specially the B52´s song...

I won´t vote for the Muppets though...

Muzik, I like the song you suggest.

Darryl, I don´t like Don't Call Me Baby - Madison Avenue...

Martin, I like better "Spiller - Groovejet (If This Ain't Love)" but I don´t think I´d vote for it...

I think I know it and you get two :thumbsup: :thumbsup: for nominating it :)

even if I probably won't vote for it because, sorry, this dance/pop isn't my favourite music...

but if you like songs like this you might as well like this one as well :)

Thanks Mate. :) 'Spiller' does sound very much like 'Don't Call Me Baby'. Dance Music isn't really my thing either. My 2 Aussie friends haven't given it a 'thumbs up' either, and I doubt that it's known very well in the U.S. so I'll give that one a miss, even though I really like the female singer song.

And I've just gotta catch up on the rest tomorrow.

Good Night All. :headphones:

P.S. Watching S.O.B. with Spiller just reminded me - I'd vote for 'Murder On The Dance Floor'. That clips's really funny.

Edited by Guest
S.O.B.

Thanks Martin. Gees, they have Charts for everything ! :P

So it was a #1 'Dance Hit', but only #88 in the U.S. Pop Charts ? Crazy. I don't give most of the Charts too much credibility since Billboard changed their system of compliling them in late 1991.

Like 'A Little Less Conversation' Elvis/JXL. It was #1 in U.S. Sales for 3 weeks, but only placed at #50 in the Pop Charts.

I've followed the Charts since I was a teenager, and have books of all U.S. 'Billboard Hot 100s' from 1955 to 1989, + numerous Australian and U.K. Chart Books. You could say it's my hobby.

Goodnight All ! :headphones:

Good night Darryl! I had a bit of education for you.... :)

Muzik, we truly hope that you will join us! :)

Well hey, Old 55!

Thanks for the invite!

But first, like fingernails scratching a chalkboard so is the pronunciation of Polk.

It's been theorized that Elvis, since he covered this song, mispronounced it "Polk" instead of Poke, the true word for the plant that grew out in the woods and the fields that looked something like a turnip green.

Anyway, thanks everyone for the music selections and know that I appreciate them.

And, don't stop now, that is, adding great music to this great Muzik thread.

And all these years I thought it was about marijuana. :blush:

A bit about Poke Salad... 'Strue, the song is not about marijuana, but about the food eaten by US Southerners, and especially those in the Deep South. Turnip Greens, Pokeweed, and even Dandelions were (are?) picked and cooked up as a staple with almost all meals, especially by the poor, since they are free! The term is actually Poke Sallet, not Salad, which is what you get when you cook them down, Sallet. Pokeweed is poisonous to humans, unless it IS cooked, so be careful if you ever feel the desire to try it out!! :)

Sunday is my prospective video watching day. I've got so many to watch!! :stars: :bow:

Edited by Guest
g'night Darryl.... :)