Random Music Thoughts IV

Mike

• 1 month later...
  • Replies 660
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I was looking through the Peachlette's baby pictures for my sister-in-law (she's making a grandkid's photo album for my in-laws) and came across a CD I made for the mini-Peach when she was born. I've been listening to it and trying not to sob (with joy, of course) in front of my co-workers.

Isn't She Lovely - Stevie Wonder

Isn't she pretty

Truly the angel's best

Boy, I'm so happy

We have been heaven blessed

I can't believe what God has done

through us he's given life to one

But isn't she lovely made from love

The Things We've Handed Down - Marc Cohn

Will you laugh just like your mother

Will you sigh like your old man

Will some things skip a generation

Like I've heard they often can

Are you a poet or a dancer

A devil or a clown

Or a strange new combination of

The things we've handed down

The Greatest Reward - Celine Dion

Now the greatest reward

Is the light in your eyes

The sound of your voice

And the touch of your hand

You made me who I am

Arms Wide Open - Creed

Well I just heard the news today

It seems my life is going to change

I closed my eyes, begin to pray

Then tears of joy stream down my face

Taking You Home - Don Henley

I had a good life

Before you came

I had my friends and my freedom

I had my name

Still there was sorrow and emptiness

til you made me glad

Oh, in this love I found strength I never knew I had

Blessed - Elton John

And you, you'll be blessed

You'll have the best

I promise you that

I'll pick a star from the sky

Pull your name from a hat

I promise you that, promise you that, promise you that

You'll be blessed

Child of Mine - Carole King

Although you see the world different than me, sometimes I can touch upon

the wonders that you see,

all the new colors and pictures that you have designed.

oh yes, sweet darling, so glad you are a child of mine

Sweet Child O' Mine - Guns N Roses

She's got eyes of the bluest skies

As if they thought of rain

I hate to look into those eyes

And see an ounce of pain

Have I Told You Lately - Van Morrison

Have I told you lately that I love you

Have I told you there's no one else above you

Fill my heart with gladness

take away all my sadness

ease my troubles that's what you do

You Are So Beautiful - Joe Cocker

You're everything I hope for

You're everything I need

You are so beautiful to me

You are so beautiful to me

I Hope You Dance - Leanne Womack

I hope you still feel small when you stand beside the ocean,

Whenever one door closes I hope one more opens,

Promise me that you'll give faith a fighting chance,

And when you get the choice to sit it out or dance.

Dance....I hope you dance.

My Girl - The Temptations

I've got sunshine on a cloudy day.

When it's cold outside I've got the month of May.

I guess you'd say

What can make me feel this way?

My girl (my girl, my girl)

Talkin' 'bout my girl (my girl).

Daddy's Little Girl - The Mills Brothers

You're the end of the rainbow, my pot o' gold

You're Daddy's little girl, to have and hold

A precious gem is what you are

You're Mommy's bright and shining star

In My Daughter's Eyes - Martina McBride

In my daughter's eyes I am a hero

I am strong and wise and I know no fear

But the truth is plain to see

She was sent to rescue me

I see who I wanna be

In my daughter's eyes

For Mothers Day from my little miss I got the new John Mellencamp album, and I like it, not love it like some of his past albums. It came with a DVD and I was watching a live performance from about a year or so and realized how much he has changed. I first saw him in 1980 and he was awesome. He was all over the stage and his energy flowed out to the crowd. One of the best concerts I have seen. Saw him twice after that, the last time being in 2001 for the "Cutting Heads" tour and he was so laid back and didn't really seem into being on stage. I know he is older and had a heart attack, but it is sad to see someone you enjoy lose the spark they had up on stage.

I don't think anyone can deny popular music has degraded in some ways. However, it has also improved in other ways - there are still some bands/artists around that are making music that sounds quite different to any other artists. Which is very difficult to do nowadays, considering the broad range of genres music has extended to over the years.

I think it has in some ways. There are too many bands that sound alike and scream and it doesn't seem that they appreciate the music at all.

It couldn't be put better than this. Never again will there be bands like Pink Floyd, Led Zeppelin, The Beatles, Lynyrd Skynyrd, Eagles, Thin Lizzt, Simon & Garfunkel and a good few other bands like that. Those days are gone, and I wish that I was alive for them. But that's impossible, and I probably wouldn't want to go back for other reasons, but at least I can listen to the music, and also write my own music to satisfy my need for good quality music nowadays.

One of my friends said to me that there was crap music back in the 70's too. But I replied, saying that the good music of the 70's is better than all the music today, and she couldn't come back with an answer to that.

Granted, there are a few decent modern bands out there, such as Muse, but the decades of music are long gone now. Most music nowadays is just regurgitated s##t. Women half-naked dancing to a s##t song does nothing for me. In 10 years even, those women will have nothing, because all they have are pretty faces and no talent. People will move onto the next girl group. That's how it works today. It's not about the music anymore.

I don't think anyone can deny popular music has degraded in some ways.

now, that's a completly different statement, that I can't help but agree with :bow:

and the simple reason for that is that there are 3 or 4 major record companies that take about 95% of the business... simply not enough diversity

However, it has also improved in other ways - there are still some bands/artists around that are making music that sounds quite different to any other artists. Which is very difficult to do nowadays, considering the broad range of genres music has extended to over the years.

that is also completly true! there are fantastic bands making fantastic songs - they're only harder to find :)

I find it amazing how much you can tell about someone by their music taste. Does anyone agree??. The people I don't get along with are mostly the people who listen to s##t€ modern music such as dance music, the Arctic Monkees and the Kooks. I hate that music scene!!. And the people I get along with for the most part like at least a few of the same bands that I like, such as Pink Floyd, Led Zeppelin, Eric Clapton, U2, David Bowie and Michael Jackson.