Cool links and sites II

The Seeker

• Replies 1.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I've been checking in on that site too , Seeker - it's cool listening to the communications . Wish I'd seen the launch , though .

I guess after the 20th , people will be able to check out the mission at their own pace according to the site .

For those interested in eclipses , we'll have one passing through Asia on the 22end . Levis , I 'll bet you wish you were home for a holiday , because this one would have looked cool where you are from. It's also supposed to be the longest in duration for a century at nearly 6 min. Tokyo will only get a partial 75% eclipse .

A cool site that shows you what it will look like in different places : http://www.shadowandsubstance.com/index.html

You can make playlists so it's almost like an online iTunes, really. When you play a song, it'll give you a list of other songs you might like if you like that one. It doesn't cost anything to register so it's not like it'll be putting you out.

And while Songfacts uses Grooveshark, sometimes the files linked to songs aren't right or they're live versions/remixes. On Grooveshark, you have ALL versions available to you, and not everyone song on Songfacts has a Grooveshark embedded in it.

Oh goodie just what I need. More time wasting websites :goof: :jester:

Well I finally got time to waste last night and checked out the cool links.

Word of warning, don't watch the insect videos or read about those insects just before you go to bed :o

I had Giant Japanese Beetles Hornets and Hammer ants chasing me all night :crazy:

I fixed it dot com is ok before bed (some funny stuff) but ya might want to save the insects for daylight hours :laughing:

Edited by Guest
I had beetles on the brain :)

• 4 weeks later...

Okay... this is REALLY REALLY cool.

You know these 3D pictures where you have to put on that funny look and then you may or may not see weird shapes? This is a bit like it, only you actually see a REAL picture in 3D, like you were watching a 3D movie with those glasses.

You have to cross your eyes (really cross them, I think it's a bit different from all these regular 3D images) until you see three fuzzy pictures instead of one, and then stare at the middle one. It'll probably seem a little pointless at first because it remains fuzzy for quite a while, but... TRY it.

3D Picture

edit: And here are a couple more, because clicking Next doesn;t work.

Edited by Guest