Ask a Songfactor

Kevin

I guess everybody is in the same boat with YT. I don't know why they always have to change stuff. I don't see how they made it any better.

Hopefully we'll get it worked out by next week. My personal YT acct. doesn't have this problem. I don't know why the SFplaylist acct. does. And I don't see any difference in the settings :stars:

• Replies 3.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

We've had a conversation like this before but I'm going large scale.

Could you guys tell me about where you live? You don't need to give place-names, but I do want to know about the characteristics of your area. Are you in a big city, are you in the suburbs of a big city, are you in regional area a few miles out of a big city, are you in a regional area in the middle of nowhere, what's the population like, what are the people like, how close-knit is the community, does everyone know everyone or is it a collection of anonymities.... etc.

I think this sort of thing is fascinating is all :)

I had started a thread like this way back asking the same questions. It was mainly directed at people not in the US. You guys did a great job with your answers.

I asked the questions for the same reasons as you Levis. If you'd like I will find the thread and you could add to it ;)

Here it is if your interested. The reason I found it so fast is because I had just reread it awhile back :D

Link

Edited by Guest
Added Link

I would like to be able to change the thread title if you'd want to add to it. Make it more inclusive of all Sfer's :)

I'm sure a mod would do that if your want to just add to that thread. Of course you don't have to either ;)

Could you guys tell me about where you live? You don't need to give place-names, but I do want to know about the characteristics of your area. Are you in a big city, are you in the suburbs of a big city, are you in regional area a few miles out of a big city, are you in a regional area in the middle of nowhere, what's the population like, what are the people like, how close-knit is the community, does everyone know everyone or is it a collection of anonymities.... etc.

I quote my answer from the previous thread :laughing:

I live in Madrid, 6 million people. You have the mountain at 20 minutes by car; in fact, I could see the mountain from my window when I lived in another house very near from where I live now (but the windows here only show the avenue)

I love this city. I lived in Buenos Aires when a child but had been living here too and always dreamed I´d live here one day. I also lived in Paris cause I am French and had most of my friends there, but I love to be a stranger, so I came back to this city.

I always lived in the posh and nice neighborhood, that´s where most of my friends lived too and the action is just five minutes from here.

I have no plans to live anywhere else. Maybe when I´m old I´ll take my man and cats and come back to France, which is like home for me. character0242.gif

I live in a not-that-big town close to the biggest city in the region... I know my immediate neighbours enough to tell (most of) them a friendly 'hello' when we see each other on the street or hallway, or accept delivered packages for them, but not more than that...

all in all we're a pretty rural part of the country though

maybe it's interesting to know that a lot of my relatives live in different small villages (pop 1-200), and there it's really a close-nit community where everyone knows everyone... so I know what that's like too

South Orange County: Yes, there is "nothing to do" here - and that's how we like it. It is secluded, quiet, and away from the trash. After shopping at the local bookstore and eating some sushi, I walk back to my own Wuthering Heights.

Thomas_Riley.jpg

I live in two different places. During college this year, I lived on campus at Shippensburg Univerity in Shippensburg, PA. AKA Where's That?, PA.

It's in the middle of nowhere. Real close to Harrisburg and Lancaster. The main attraction of the town is in fact, the university. Small small town. Been around for like 400 years and it shows. A cute town though. However, nothing to do aside from either drink or cow-tip.

When I'm home, as I am now for summer, I live in a small town right outside of Annapolis, MD. Not the same kind of town as Ship, more country. However as of late, it has been overrun by well-to-do lawyers, doctors, members of the nigerian consulate, you name it. Being that it is very close to Baltimore and DC yet still has that down home country feel that you can enjoy while looking through the 40 foot window in your extended hallway while playing with your iPhone or iWhatever. The average going price for a house around where I live is about $1 million. Typically more. I however, do not live in such luxury. My family has owned the area around me for years when it was farmland but gradually has sold it.

It's a nice area though. I like Annapolis and all. Baltimore isn't bad, though the constant threat of being raped/murdered provides the city with a poor atmosphere. I like Maryland though. Lots of my friends seem to not like it so much, but I do.

How far is Where's That aka Shippensburg from Lancaster? one of my faovurite bands is from there :)

and if you're living in a small town, what DO you do?

I am curiosed because that last thread was all about non-US peeps and I'm interested in learning about the demographics of the Yanks among us as well :)

I live in Brazil's 7th largest city and the capital of the state of Parana. Curitiba has a population of 3 million and was recently rated third on the earth's environmentally friendly big city ratings. There are numerous green plazas throughout this well-planned 315 year-old city, with no more than 10 blocks separating one forested plaza from the next. Throw just about any seed on the ground here and it will grow - quickly! Most of Brazil is located in tropical latitudes but my city is sub-tropical; and while still very comfortable even in winter, we normally have the coolest temps of any large city in Brazil, which is a good thing when weather reports say Rio is at 40 degrees Centigrade.

Curitiba is on a 3000 feet high plateau with vast farmlands to the west and the lush, jungle-like Serra do Mar mountain range spilling down into the Atlantic Ocean off to our east. Residents here are about an hour and a half from numerous beaches and there is always a mass eastern migration of cars, at all holidays or long weekends.

Some photos and descriptions

How far is Where's That aka Shippensburg from Lancaster? one of my faovurite bands is from there :)

and if you're living in a small town, what DO you do?

I am curiosed because that last thread was all about non-US peeps and I'm interested in learning about the demographics of the Yanks among us as well :)

Ship is probably about 30 minutes from Lancaster.

And as far as what do I do, there isn't much. Typically I either play music with my band, play Call of Duty on a TERRIBLE connection or drink.

That's about all there is to do.

All of a sudden my sf text is so tiny tiny I can't even read it :( I didn't change anything. Nothing I know to do has worked.

Suggestions are greatly welcome. If I can even see them to read :( OMG!!! Tiny, tiny text :puppyeyes:

Even the smilies are tiny :o

I tried that and it didn't help. I got it to where I can see the forum better but not the text box or what I type :(

It's crazy :crazy: My smiles are also still isty bitsy :(

The other sites I visit are fine. SF is the only one I'm haveing a problem with :confused:

If I change my settings everything is huge except sf. If I set my other sites to normal SF is tiny.

I wonder what I did this time :(

Edited by Guest