What sweetens your coffee today II

Henry David

Hubby sweetened my coffee this morning.....On the kitchen table were flowers and a card....on the card he wrote "Reservations at Biaggi's tonight" That's my favorite Italian restaurant....He has to work all day today, so he must of found time to stop in and leave those on the table, because they weren't there earlier...We usually don't celebrate Valentines' Day, but I've been so stressed out lately, so this really sweented my day.... :)

got out of class early tonight! Yea!

And when I got home my new Stenograph was waiting for me, with more stuff than the guy on ebay even advertised, and although it's all used stuff, it's in much shape than I'd anticipated :grin:

However, there are 3 things missing... first and foremost, the instruction manual for the machine. So I don't get to take it to school tomorrow and show off my new toy, since I have no idea how to work it yet. :crazy:

I got my exam results a week earlier than I thought I would - and they're a lot better than I expected/feared :grin:

Congraudulations Fin :thumbsup: I'm proud of you :D

The same could be said for Karma. :D

What a sweet thing to say S2V. Thank you :content: Karma thinks I'm a bit of a brat sometimes tho :laughing:

A conversation about the 1964-65 New York World's Fair came up out of nowhere in the office today. I told some folks that my Mom took me to the fair in both 1964 and 1964. I was young and only remembered some limited things about it. One thing I always remembered was that I went there the day after the Beatles played Shea Stadium. We parked right near Shea and I remember thinking how great it was that the Beatles were there the night before.

I told my story and this unassuming, straight-laced woman who works in accounting said, "Oh, I saw the Beatles that night at Shea." I looked at her with a new found sense of appreciation...seeing the Beatles at Shea..Wow.

Thanks. I've been told that I write exactly the same way that I talk. That was something I learned about writing when I was a kid and it has served me well. So, when you read one of my stories, you get a good feel for my speech pattern, etc. Of course, being from New Jersey I speak way to fast.

I thought it was Nue Juuwsi.

All my corporate connections are in Chicago, I'm in Seattle, I know that have accents, but I've asked them many times... "do I?" They say, "all you people in Seattle sound the same". So I guess it's not something you notice among your own group. I dunno.

I've been told that I have absolutely no trace of a New Jersey/New York accent and I think that's true. However, I went to get breakfast at a Denny's on the strip in Vegas a few years back and ordered a coffee. The waitress says, "Oh, you're from NJ." I was amazed. I asked her how she knew and she said it was how I said "coffee". I pronounce it "caw-fee" instead of 'cah-fee" or whatever other way there is to say it.

I know a Jersey accent when I 'ears one. :grin:

Andy is from Seattle, as was my ex-husband and his entire (read: huge) family, and none of them have(d) accents.

I'm from San Diego, born and raised, and ever since high school I've been told I have a Southern accent.

Go figure, y'all.