• Replies 7.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Double post.

Moderator:

Please eliminate this one. Should be easy since this post is the last one of the thread.

Thank ye kindly and much obliged.

Poster

should this happen again feel free to delete your post by yourself ;)

(click "Edit", then right at the top "delete post")

;)

I did that! Yet it still contained remnants of the original post . . .

Geeze!

Thank you, though, for granting my request and bringing the obvious to my attention.

you deleted it and it didn't work? that's actually very strange :P

and I probably would have helped you if I was a Mod in Random Thoughts... which I'm not :P

PS it's not obvious for everyone - I was just trying to help!

Two @#$%ing fire alarms in one night... one at 3:30 and one at 8:30. Of course I was still asleep both times and of course they always keep us in some dining hall for one hour... idiots!!! :mad: :mad: :mad: Those were the sixth and the seventh fire alarm since I got here seven weeks ago. All of them in the middle of the night.

First time I checked in in a hotel in NYC they asked me "Smoker or non smoker?" so I said "uh...? non-smoker"... wondering why they had to know such things, but anyways...

One night after a concert I went back to the hotel with a smoker friend and as soon as he started smoking his cigarette the alarms went on... :stars:

Safety? There's no need for those alarms... sure I wouldn't mind getting up if there was a fire, but every single time it's just some retard smoking or cooking (I wonder how) in their room. The fire department's had quite a few words with the wardens already... And don't worry, there are fire alarms in the middle of the day too... every Tuesday from 10:30 to 10:45. (and yes, of course I'm always home then)

It sounds as though you have an old dorm much like my own back in the day - Ol' St. Andrews , built by Scottish stone masons 100 years ago . We had the same troubles with alarms , and I used to enjoy exiting the room after it became bothersome by leaving The Talking Heads ' Burning Down the House ' JUST CRANKED TO FULL on my stereo , as I left . The alarms , surprisingly , decreased signifigantly ( to none ) after a few drills like that ... ;)

Or , perhaps , your dorm is owned by Jesuits , and in place of the call to prayer , they are using the fire alarm instead . :laughing: