What grinds your gears then?

Henry David

I just took my last exam in Statistics. My final grade for the class is a C. I told myself sometime last month that I didn't care what kind of a grade I got, as long as I passed the mother loving class. Guess what? I do care. I am an A student, damn it, and I have been sitting here blubbering like a little girl because I got a C. I've always thought that if you study hard and do your best, you'll get good grades. I guess that theory rose up and smacked me in my smug mouth, didn't it? Statistics can kiss my mother loving behind.

Furthermore, my gears are ground into a fine powder because it's Sunday, so I can't even go to the liquor store and purchase myself a bottle of happy juice. Mother loving bible belt and its arbitrary laws about buying liquor on Sundays. Jesus did turn water into wine, didn't he? So why can't I celebrate His miracle and drink some of it? Criminy.

• Replies 7.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Don't fret over a stats paper, Peachness. I've had my share of sucky maths/stats papers. usually no one's fault but my own. It's not brought about by not knowing the theories and formulae... it's usually just a silly mistake or three that makes you go :doh: :doh: :doh: . You just bang your head against the wall a couple of times and swear that next time you'll revise and calculate everything twice before handing in the paper.

I tell you... as long as you know you did your best, you've got nothing to feel bad about. You just learn from where you went wrong. I think it's much better to study and get a C, than not study and get a D.

If a C had been the result of me studying (and for days on end) I would've thought my teacher or whoever had been drunk and overlooked half my mistakes... in my eyes, a C in maths or statistics is something to be really proud of. :P

Then again, I'm awful at that kind of stuff. I suppose it's different if you're used to As.