What grinds your gears then?

Henry David

• Replies 7.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

My 50 gallon hot water heater failed today, spilling it's contents into my garage and the space under my heater.

On the bright side, because I actually had the foresight (for once) to buy insurance that covers home appliances, what would have cost me over $1000.00 was only $55.00.

On the bright side, because I actually had the foresight (for once) to buy insurance that covers home appliances, what would have cost me over $1000.00 was only $55.00.

Wise guy!! :thumbsup:

Our hot water heater from our former house used to break down once a year... :P :P :P there was no insurance cause we rented that house, the landlors just didn´t care and all I could do was clean everything and force my husband to fix it...

I just got my Experian, TransUnion, and Equifax credit reports online. NONE OF THEM are correct. TransUnion is the closest, with Experian and Equifax having 4 things wrong each, and TransUnion having only 1 thing wrong.

This is seriously grinding my gears, because now I get to write letters to three companies, complete with proof, filing disputes to correct things that shouldn't have been wrong in the first place. }:( }:( }:( }:( }:( }:( }:( And I just applied for a refinance on my condo because the ARM will "adjust" in December.

These credit companies should hire people whose heads are not firmly lodged up their a**es. It messes with people's lives. They are bottom feeders ranking in the dregs right next to the IRS.

These credit companies should hire people whose heads are not firmly lodged up their a**es. It messes with people's lives. They are bottom feeders ranking in the dregs right next to the IRS.

These credit companies should go to jail. And half of the IRS people too. And I´m more afraid of thieves wearing a suit and a tie than of regular ones... (you know, the ones who work at nights and look like thieves) They make me waiste a lot of my precious time trying to fix their "mistakes" and just like you, finding papers, making calls, meeting with them, etc... just to get a letter saying that they are sorry and here´s the right account, etc...

That's even dumber than this thread.

If you are referring to my unfortunate use of "a forbidden word", I would just like to point out that, at the time of writing, I was still palpitating after a near-death experience. If I have offended your sensibilities, I do apologise. (The offending word could have been removed at any point by a Moderator without any complaint from me).

However, I take exception to your use of the word "dumb". I may be many things, but "dumb" is not one of them.

If you are referring to my unfortunate use of "a forbidden word", I would just like to point out that, at the time of writing, I was still palpitating after a near-death experience. If I have offended your sensibilities, I do apologise. (The offending word could have been removed at any point by a Moderator without any complaint from me).

However, I take exception to your use of the word "dumb". I may be many things, but "dumb" is not one of them.

I wasn't referring to anything you said. I was just stating that I happen to hate that thread because it makes all the musical greats quoted sound like idiotic, critical bigots. }:(

I wasn't calling you dumb BF, I understand. Sometimes we all get blinded by the "red mist". If you're still mad about it, I'll allow you to vent. Though I do think intentionally crashing ones car just because they nearly got hit is a little over-the-top. :crazy:

I may be many things, but "dumb" is not one of them.

According to Mirriam-Webster online:

Main Entry: dumb

Pronunciation: \ˈdəm\

Function: adjective

Etymology: Middle English, from Old English; akin to Old High German tumb mute

Date: before 12th century

1 a: lacking the human power of speech bof a person often offensive : lacking the ability to speak

2: temporarily unable to speak (as from shock or astonishment)

3: not expressed in uttered words

It's an established fact, my beloved b-f, you are anything but dumb. :grin:

I wasn't referring to anything you said. I was just stating that I happen to hate that thread because it makes all the musical greats quoted sound like idiotic, critical bigots. }:(

And you compared my comment to it, even though the thematic connections between the two appear tenuous, to say the least.... :confused:

Though I do think intentionally crashing ones car just because they nearly got hit is a little over-the-top. :crazy:

I actually meant that, just momentarily, I would have liked to punch the idiotic driver whose recklessness forced me skidding all over (and nearly off) the road. I know that violence is not big and it's not clever, and with hindsight I'm pleased that I have maintained my record of never having punched anybody in my life.

I actually meant that, just momentarily, I would have liked to punch the idiotic driver whose recklessness forced me skidding all over (and nearly off) the road. I know that violence is not big and it's not clever, and with hindsight I'm pleased that I have maintained my record of never having punched anybody in my life.

Alright, I'm glad you threw away the incident as well. We need more nice people in this violent world b-f. :)

MUSICAL INTERLUDE

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

--------------------------------------------------

What the world needs now is love, sweet love

It's the only thing that there's just too little of

What the world needs now is love, sweet love,

No, not just for some but for everyone

Lord, we don't need another mountain

There are mountains and hillsides enough to climb

There are oceans and rivers enough to cross,

Enough to last till the end of time

No, not just for some but for everyone

Lord, we don't need another meadow

There are corn fields and wheat fields enough to grow

There are sunbeams and moonbeams enough to shine

Oh, listen, Lord, if you want to know

No, not just for some, oh, but just for every, every, everyone

What the world needs now is love, sweet love.