What grinds your gears then?

Henry David

I know a couple who have been married forever and his opinion has become her opinion, or vice versa. When she says something, she doesn't credit him with the words, but I can hear him talking just the same.

I'd pick up the telephone and finish the conversation with him :beatnik: I almost felt the impulse to berate his taste in movies and his screenwriting ideas; that - surprisingly - gets people incensed :cool:

• Replies 7.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

I know a couple who have been married forever and his opinion has become her opinion, or vice versa. When she says something, she doesn't credit him with the words, but I can hear him talking just the same.

That sounds suspiciously like Andy.

Wait til I tell Shawna!

Before I was married I was a tidy person. Everything in its place all the time. Then I got married to a man who would take off his socks and leave them laying around, leave dirty dishes around, beer cans, whatever - never clean anything up. And I just got tired.

So now I'm a slob, too. :laughing: Even though I'm no longer married, I still have not gotten back my previous tidiness... I've learned there are more important things in life and the dishes can wait until tomorrow.