What grinds your gears then?

Henry David

• Replies 7.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

People who talk on their cell phone while cashing out their groceries at the check out!!!!Can't that call wait???? :mad: I was waiting in line and this woman infront of me was too busy talking, and she would put a few things on the counter...talk some more...and then sloooowly unloaded her cart....I wanted to rip that cell phone right from her ear...and then after she paid for the groceries she's still talking and forgot to sign her charge slip....the cashier had to go and chase her down so she could come back and sign....errrrrrrr ... lately I have no patience....

I need a four days weekend. Really. Or a 36 hours day, I don´t care, both things would do. I need time for my life, my friends, my books, my emails, my parties, my family, my whatever.

I might enjoy time as it is but for that aim I would need to stop working right now. What a waste of time, working for money... I should work for my own ideals, for artistic creation, for love and friendship, to make a better world, to help the ones I love...

Not to pay a bleeping expensive and absurd rent... :stars:

You could work for all of that. Volunteering can sometimes be exhausting, though. I stopped thinking about it after the thought of "working for free" crossed my mind. I wanna have fun for free :cool:

Someone ate my pickled gerkins

i READ THAT AND LAUGHED OUT LOUD. sORRY TO LAUGH AT YOUR MISFORTUNE, BUT "PICKLED GERKINS" HAS A COMIC RING TO IT. iN FACT, i WOULD BE IN FAVOR OF CHANGING THE NAME OF THIS THREAD FROM "wHAT GRINDS YOUR GEARS" TO "wHAT PICKLES YOUR GERKIN!"

You could work for all of that. Volunteering can sometimes be exhausting, though. I stopped thinking about it after the thought of "working for free" crossed my mind. I wanna have fun for free :cool:

I do volunteer for a couple of things. I feel very happy to be able to help. What I find disgustig is how things are established. People are being blackmailed in a sort of way. Work for me or you won´t have a house... No, it should be Work doing what you like, what helps the others and what you do very well and you´ll have a house

I don´t care to pay a bit to have fun (though actually, fun is free in my case... :grin: )

I find it obscene to be a whore for survival. We all should be helping and being happy for survival. Efforts should have a higher aim than money. Efforts are what life is made of... they shouldn´t be a challenge but a goal related to a better world.

Well, anyways...

24/7 repetitive ' analysis ' on whether or not Obama will choose Hillary as his running mate ( ending always with the droning repetition of - it's his choice ) .

The state of the union is in chaos ... or in the hands of cable TV ... :P Shut up , already ! This strikes me as an Armenian plot to undermine Chile !

I do volunteer for a couple of things. I feel very happy to be able to help. What I find disgustig is how things are established. People are being blackmailed in a sort of way. Work for me or you won´t have a house... No, it should be Work doing what you like, what helps the others and what you do very well and you´ll have a house

I don´t care to pay a bit to have fun (though actually, fun is free in my case... :grin: )

I find it obscene to be a whore for survival. We all should be helping and being happy for survival. Efforts should have a higher aim than money. Efforts are what life is made of... they shouldn´t be a challenge but a goal related to a better world.

Well, anyways...

There are constant forces acting against all of that. I wish I could just quit the work I do and dedicate meself to the activities I love - or just plain ol' quit me job and get another one. The problem is, there aren't any jobs... and food prices are up... and petrol prices are up... and health care costs are up... and automobile insurance is up... and rent is up. Everything virtually costs more, yet this is the highest paying work I could find (and it took me 8 months of being underemployed until I found full-time work). I was almost on the street. Now, the prospect of being homefree was weighed against doing a job I hate. Mebbe one day I'll be above the need to have material possessions :beatnik:

You´re right, BA... That´s just how things are and there´s nothing we can do about it but accept it and play the game. Maybe Voltaire was right when he made Candide say "Tout est pour le mieux dans le meilleur des mondes" (All is for the best in the best of all worlds. Well, that´s my translation...)

...yet I know things shouldn´t be like this but where do we complain? :shades:

I LOVE VOLTAIRE :rockon: CABARET VOLTAIRE, that is :beatnik: I kid, I kid... or do I? I don't know if I woulda traveled half-way around the world to find Cunegonde, but every incident is meant to happen as such. Whilst we do not have the free will to make our destiny, perhaps we could change the way we process these events in our minds. Thus, Alls's for the best in the best of all worlds.

I have no money, but I'm going to a comedy show tonight. I'm still in the process of mastering the art of laughing and forgetting.

Isn't he the one that said:

A witty saying proves nothing ?

Yes... :)

I LOVE VOLTAIRE :rockon: CABARET VOLTAIRE, that is :beatnik: I kid, I kid... or do I? I don't know if I woulda traveled half-way around the world to find Cunegonde...

I love both Voltaires... :laughing: :laughing: and I feel like I´m home when I read your post quoting Cunégonde... :bow: :bow: :bow:

That´s it, UncleJoe!! :thumbsup: ;)

It´s pouring and i have an interview for another job... (yes, I need an extra job in the afternoons. Life is getting very expensive...) The one I´m at right now isn´t my cup of tea so I wonder how long I will stand it. Now, the rain doesn´t help when you have to be cute and looking amazing... and taking subways and walking on the streets.