What grinds your gears then?

Henry David

• Replies 7.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

I dunno yet, I just did an in-depth analysis and it suggested to format the whole drive :/

now I only need to find a place for the data...

Very big bummer Farin. If I can in some way be of help with the storage problem let me know.

What a pain for you :(

Very big bummer Farin. If I can in some way be of help with the storage problem let me know.

you mean I should send you a 100GB email? :jester:

it's not that bad, really (yet), I only noticed it because it did a CheckDisk before starting Windows, so it's not like I have lost any Data (yet)...

it has some positive sides too, because now I come to cleaning out some junk

(Java takes up WAY too much space :thumbsdown:

everybody should use CCleaner once in a while :thumbsup: )

you mean I should send you a 100GB email?
:laughing:

Well I don't know if I'd be willing to be quite that helpful. I was thinking more in the line of VIP school assignments you don't wanna lose etc. just that kind of silly stuff.

I had to do that once a long time ago when my pc was an antique and sent a bunch of stuff to my mother like pics I had and that kind of thing. I still lost about half the stuff I sent her but did manage to retrieve some.

Storage options are so much better these days tho. Back then things like upload way didn't exist and burners had just come out so I didn't have many options.

I did learn from it tho. Backup, Backup, Backup :D

Well I don't know if I'd be willing to be quite that helpful. I was thinking more in the line of VIP school assignments you don't wanna lose etc. just that kind of silly stuff.

yes, that's what I thought, but thanks I got it covered :thumbsup:

you're right, I think I'll do it on a rainy summer day (those go by very often here)

as my mother always says: Je eher daran, desto eher davon

(losely translated "the sooner you start, the sooner you finish")

I do a cleanup every fortnight or so. I don't like the thought of all those cookies and temp files cluttering up my drive. My computer was giving me trouble a few weeks ago... when it got to be too much I just restored the old 'image' for my C-drive. D:\ has my documents and I keep important stuff from there backed up.

I've done a disk cleanup on the computer...is this CCleaner something different?...will it delete anything important?....I don't know anything about this stuff...

I guess it does the same, it mainly looks for Temporary (and Internet) Files, old Cookies and other stuff you don't really need

also it looks through your Registry and airs it out a bit ;)

You must have that elusive future OS that no one has yet, Edna . :cool: :thumbsup:

Oh, no... I have a plain OSX.10.3.something hard drive in my G4, along with my OS9.2. A friend of mine installed that new hard disk... but I still didn´t install all the software you need for lots of things, like excel, pps, mwv, whatever... :P I have to borrow the cds, my brother or a friend have them. But I still love the old one better...

Yes, I´m like that... conservative for some things. :beatnik:

I was having a conversation about movies with a colleague that went something to the tune of:

Bitter Almonds: "Blah blah blah director blah blah blah music score blah."

Colleague: "My boyfriend blah blah blah blah."

Bitter Almonds: "Books blah blah blah music blah blah 1940s noir blah blah."

Colleague: "Blah blah blah my boyfriend, the producer, blah."

Bitter Almonds: "..."

And by the elipsis I mean to say I was thinking, "Do you have an opinion or interest of your own that isn't tied to your boyfriend? Otherwise, you ARE a bore and I'm wasting my time." Maybe it's jealousy speaking and wished I had someone singing praises to me. Hahaha. Nah. I'm actually attracted to people who have their own opinions and whom I consider more intelligent than meself :beatnik:

Hahaha. See? Even when I don't adhere to the Ladder Theory, the Ladder Theory reminds me, once again, I shouldn't bother at any attempt to have a regular conversation without that rearing its ugly head. I have the same conversation with male colleagues and none of them mention their girlfriends or wives through the whole discussion. They can form their own opinions - what novelty :beatnik: