The Songfactors' Choice Top Ten #47

Lucky

• Replies 206
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Congratulations ! And so it should have Ray. :)

Seasons In The Sun was a massive Hit here in Australia. It was nominated once before but didn't make it. Same with CanAm's re-nomination of Happy Together ! The Turtles were a great Group.

b-f's happy to get his second (I think ?) Top Tenner and Laurie got both of her nominations in this time. Hey I know we're not 'competing', but it is nice to know someone else besides yourself likes a particular song.

:headphones:

I think he has Asha Bhosle, the Indian Diva who has been around before most of you were born, to thank mainly.

This is so weird... I just wrote the songfacts for "A Brimful of Asha" by Cornershop (Carl hasn't uploaded it yet). Until I researched that song I had never even heard of her.

Exactly my point, 55!!

I nominated Canadian artists before and there weren't too many votes. So I decided to go with more "world-famous" types this time :grin:

I used to listen to Terry Jacks every day on my moms old 8-track. Loved that song! :thumbsup:

LOL...Ever watch That 70's Show...Eric wanted his parents to buy him a cassette player, so they did, but he had no cassettes...the mother said well just stick one of those 8-tracks in there, or it went something like that...funny stuff!

I love that show! His parents bought him an 8-track, but he asked a cassette player for the car. Hyde gave him cassettes for his birthday and Kitty was all like "oooooh, let's put them in the 8-track!!" :laughing: :laughing:

Facts are now updated! Visit them here.

Edited by Guest
Adding facts update

I fully agree with Peachy on her long post many pages back. I worked in the music scene during the 80s and 90s but yet, the songs that I love the most are mainly from the 60s/70s. I can´t help it... :cool:

I love "Happy Together", I have it on every tape and cd compilation I make for myself but I´ve heard it so much that this time I didn´t vote it. Same for "Seasons in the Sun", plus it makes me sad, it´s the cover of a Jacques Brel song and Brel makes me cry...

I think the links for the newer songs are a great help, I watch every video you post and even youtub for some songs which have no link to it if I don´t know the song. I even go to allmusic to listen to a sample in case it rings some bell.

I plan to keep on nominating and voting and contribuing to this wonderful Top Ten Darryl created for our fun and pleasure. :bow: :bow: :bow:

Also, it's good to see Namahage back.

Don't you go getting banned again when you have to vote. !!!

And when I was looking in the "Have You Seen Me" Thread I realised that I'd missed levis' Birthday.

:doh:

HAPPY BELATED BIRTHDAY RADHIKA. :) HERE'S A PRESENT FOR YOU.

1719_photo.jpg

The latest heart-throb in India, Australian cricketer Brett Lee, who has a Top Ten song there. I think he has Asha Bhosle, the Indian Diva who has been around before most of you were born, to thank mainly.

Thank you, OldFif! :bow: Yes, he is quite the heart-throb... look at him! I'm almost smitten meself, but too many people like him, I think he's taken and his hair is all wrong. :grin: But his Hindi in the song! wow... it's almost close to being on the verge of impeccable.

Shawna, Asha Bhosle is over 70 now and sounds like a nightingale. Her sister Lata Mangeshkar is even better. She has a mention in the song too. Mohammed Rafi and Lata Mangeshkar sang for the movies of their time. Lata-ji still does. :)

Hi All !

Thanks for your nice words about our Top Ten Dear edna. :)

I've been a "Hit Parade" fan for over 50 years. I used to tune in to each one of them on the radio every week, write them all down, and make my own Top 8 by allotting points, much as we do now.

:headphones:

No girls, Brett Lee wouldn't have been my ideal son-in-law. Most of these young sportsmen think they're God's gift to women. Some of our local football team used to try to hit onto my daughters in Clubs. The girls reckoned they were right up themselves. (Katie might explain that if necessary).

Night Night All. :sleepy: