Things and people you miss...

Uncle Joe

• Replies 262
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• 5 months later...

I miss smoking cigars with my dad

I miss eating with my mom (she was a good cook)

I miss family parties in their big back yard

I miss my dogs Lucy and Petunia

I miss my AA Yellow Defender 90

I think about my parents every day. I guess in that respect, they are not gone.

Mya includes her Baba and Dada in her prayers every night. She never met them (at least not here) but she recognizes them in pictures.

A weird thing happened when Mya was about 2 1/2. We put her down for a nap and closed her door. We heard laughing, so we went back to her room to tell her to go to sleep. Before we opened the door, we heard her say, "Baba, I'm trying to sleep!" Mariko and I stopped dead in our tracks and backed away from the door. We went back into our room and just looked at each other with big, stupid grins.

I miss my grandma. She was so dang cool. She never seemed to worry about anything and was always telling the best jokes. She'd sit with us and have a few beers while we talked the night away. She acted like a teenager sometimes.

I think of her always and she watches over me because I have a picture of her in my room. I know she's having a beer with me today on my birthday! Heck, she'll probably drink me under the table! :laughing:

Love you gramma! :bow:

Marc, kids have the ability to see what most adults cannot... spirits. From what I've read/heard, it's to do with the openness of their minds, they're able to perceive things that adults have learned to shut out.

Same with animals... if you ever see a cat or dog, or any animal, looking at nothing, or maybe chasing around at nothing, it's probably a spirit they can see that you can't.

And that, sports fans, is Shawna's Ghost Lesson 2008.

Fairly close , but it all depends on how one defines a leprechaun, doesn't it ...?! :D The point was , regardless of an Irish renaissance , Gaelic is a dead language and as useful today ( unless you have a field in mind ) as Japanese is.

Edited by Guest