The Topical Ten. Can you Guess them from the Clues ?

OLD 55

• Replies 2.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Bazooka - #1, #6, #8 are all correct. :thumbsup:

Dappled - I was going for "Rock Me" by Great White but "Rock Me Baby" by Blue Cheer works, too, making your #9 answer correct. :thumbsup:

You're correct with the theme of colorful artists, too.

Yellowsnow - #7 is correct. :thumbsup:

Here's what we have so far:

1. A camel may enjoy singing this song at karaoke...[smaller]"My Humps" - Black Eyed Peas[/smaller]...bazooka

2. This planet is a neighbor of ours...[smaller]"Venus" - The Shocking Blue[/smaller]...Yellowsnow

3. When the children asked their father what he was carrying on his shoulder, his reply was this...[smaller]"Papa's Got A Brand New Bag" - James Brown[/smaller]...cyberjudge

4. You can do this on a raft in the open sea...[smaller]"Drift Away" - Dobie Gray[/smaller]...cyberjudge

5. This request was made so he could come out of hibernation on October 1st...[smaller]"Wake Me Up When September Ends" - Green Day[/smaller]...Yellowsnow

6. The man said this to the stranger because he didn't know his name...[smaller]"Hey You" - Pink Floyd[/smaller]...bazooka

7. A blackjack dealer deals the first card this way...[smaller]"Face Down" - The Red Jumpsuit Apparatus[/smaller]...Yellowsnow

8. The Birdman Of Alcatraz may have said this to a bird when releasing it from it's cage...[smaller][color:silver]"Fly, Robin, Fly" - Silver Convention[/smaller]...bazooka

9. A baby in a cradle would say this to his parents if he could talk...[smaller]"Rock Me Baby" - Blue Cheer[/smaller]...Dappled

10. These two things make a pinball machine an exciting game to play...

Yes! That is correct, Yellowsnow.

You sure know your yellows. :D

That completes this Topical Ten.

And the final results are:

1. A camel may enjoy singing this song at karaoke...[smaller]"My Humps" - Black Eyed Peas[/smaller]...bazooka

2. This planet is a neighbor of ours...[smaller]"Venus" - The Shocking Blue[/smaller]...Yellowsnow

3. When the children asked their father what he was carrying on his shoulder, his reply was this...[smaller]"Papa's Got A Brand New Bag" - James Brown[/smaller]...cyberjudge

4. You can do this on a raft in the open sea...[smaller]"Drift Away" - Dobie Gray[/smaller]...cyberjudge

5. This request was made so he could come out of hibernation on October 1st...[smaller]"Wake Me Up When September Ends" - Green Day[/smaller]...Yellowsnow

6. The man said this to the stranger because he didn't know his name...[smaller]"Hey You" - Pink Floyd[/smaller]...bazooka

7. A blackjack dealer deals the first card this way...[smaller]"Face Down" - The Red Jumpsuit Apparatus[/smaller]...Yellowsnow

8. The Birdman Of Alcatraz may have said this to a bird when releasing it from it's cage...[smaller][color:silver]"Fly, Robin, Fly" - Silver Convention[/smaller]...bazooka

9. A baby in a cradle would say this to his parents if he could talk...[smaller]"Rock Me Baby" - Blue Cheer[/smaller]...Dappled

10. These two things make a pinball machine an exciting game to play...[smaller]"Lights And Sounds" - Yellowcard[/smaller]...Yellowsnow

• 2 weeks later...

1. Not gold Sir.

2. Freddie is depressed.

3. :rockon:

4. What a priest says at a funeral.

5. A horse doesn’t like it that much.

6. That’s where Robinson Crusoe spent some time.

7. A very small city.

8. The place where the first skyscraper was built.

9. What you say to yourself after a night of heavy drinking.*

10.A colourful string instrument

*Looking for the title of a LP.

This is my 1st attempt so please be gentle. :D

#3 - "Rock On"

by T.Rex

or

by David Essex

#2 - "Mercury Blues"

by David Lindley

or

cover by Alan Jackson

Brad, in both cases one of your answers is correct.

There is a theme to it, so when you find the

theme you'll know which alternative is the right one.

I love this game!

So do I :)

You're doing a good job on your first try, Yellowsnow.

Thanks Brad :D

Martin,#4 is the right answer :thumbsup: , #6 isn't.

So here's what we got so far:

1. Not gold Sir.

2. Freddie is depressed.--"Mercury Blues" - David Lindley--Brad

3. :rockon:--"Rock On" - David Essex--Brad

4. What a priest says at a funeral.--"Ashes To Ashes" - David Bowie--Farin

6. That’s where Robinson Crusoe spent some time.--"On An Island" - David Gilmour--Brad

7. A very small city.

8. The place where the first skyscraper was built.

9. What you say to yourself after a night of heavy drinking.*

*Looking for the title of a LP.

Yes!:thumbsup: wtg Brad :)

1. Not gold Sir.--"Silver Lady" - David Soul--Brad

2. Freddie is depressed.--"Mercury Blues" - David Lindley--Brad

3. :rockon: --"Rock On" - David Essex--Brad

4. What a priest says at a funeral.--"Ashes To Ashes" - David Bowie--Farin

6. That’s where Robinson Crusoe spent some time.--"On An Island" - David Gilmour--Brad

7. A very small city.

8. The place where the first skyscraper was built.--"Babylon" - David Gray--bazooka

9. What you say to yourself after a night of heavy drinking.--"What A Night" - David Houston--Brad