The Topical Ten. Can you Guess them from the Clues ?

OLD 55

Brad scores another two slices !

1. Case loaded with penetrating articles ..([smaller]A Box Full Of Sharp Objects - The Used[/smaller] .. Brad)

2. Watch the chopper, Mr. Levy ..([smaller]Careful With That Axe, Eugene - Pink Floyd[/smaller] .. Brad)

3. Encore, lover! ..([smaller]Baby One More Time – Britney Spears [/smaller] .. Brad)

4. Edgy number by Shawna’s favorite ..([smaller]Switchblade - Roger Clyne & The Peacemakers[/smaller] .. Brad)

5. Asking for trouble ..([smaller]Flirtin with Disaster – Molly Hatchet[/smaller] .. Brad)

6. Causes lacerations ..([smaller]Cuts Like A Knife - Bryan Adams[/smaller] .. Brad)

7. Cruddy/Glamorous ..([smaller]Filthy/Gorgeous – Scissor Sisters[/smaller] .. Brad)

8. Ms. Parton comes to a point ..([smaller]Dolly Dagger – Jimi Hendrix[/smaller] .. Brad)

9. Gillette product.

10. Double-dealers.

• Replies 2.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Let's put this one out of its misery.

Theme: about things that are sharp! .. Dappled

1. through 8. Answered .. Brad

added hints/lyrical giveaways:

9. Gillette product.

There's no forgiveness for you! You sick f&ck!

10. Double-dealers.

I don't even be home but they just keep on comin'

DONE AND DONE

skybluesky pinned down the loose ends !

Theme: about things that are sharp! .. Dappled

1. Case loaded with penetrating articles ..([smaller]A Box Full Of Sharp Objects - The Used[/smaller] .. Brad)

2. Watch the chopper, Mr. Levy ..([smaller]Careful With That Axe, Eugene - Pink Floyd[/smaller] .. Brad)

3. Encore, lover! ..([smaller]Baby One More Time – Britney Spears [/smaller] .. Brad)

4. Edgy number by Shawna’s favorite ..([smaller]Switchblade - Roger Clyne & The Peacemakers[/smaller] .. Brad)

5. Asking for trouble ..([smaller]Flirtin with Disaster – Molly Hatchet[/smaller] .. Brad)

6. Causes lacerations ..([smaller]Cuts Like A Knife - Bryan Adams[/smaller] .. Brad)

7. Cruddy/Glamorous ..([smaller]Filthy/Gorgeous – Scissor Sisters[/smaller] .. Brad)

8. Ms. Parton comes to a point ..([smaller]Dolly Dagger – Jimi Hendrix[/smaller] .. Brad)

9. Gillette product ..([smaller]Razorblade – Blue October [/smaller] .. skybluesky)

10. Double-dealers..([smaller]Back Stabbers – The O’Jays[/smaller] .. skybluesky)

I don't remember if there are rules to this game.

Looks like Brad can claim dominance. :thumbsup:

1. Shootin' a clock.

2. Be not afraid of death.

3. Ode to an interstate.

4. I don't want you to love me.

5. These glowing warriors sat at the round table.

6. Birds sing this song to their young at bedtime.

7. To light a stick match in this direction> south to north.

8. Strange, odd people are found here at the fair or circus.

9. A scorpion playing blackjack might say this to the dealer.

10. Bacon and eggs at the home of a popular late '80s singer.

Here's what we have so far:

1. Shootin' a clock.

2. Be not afraid of death...[smaller]"(Don't Fear) The Reaper" - Blue Oyster Cult[/smaller]...bazooka

3. Ode to an interstate.

5. These glowing warriors sat at the round table.

7. To light a stick match in this direction> south to north...[smaller]"Strike It Up" - Black Box[/smaller]...bazooka

10. Bacon and eggs at the home of a popular late '80s singer...[smaller]"Breakfast At Tiffany's" - Deep Blue Something[/smaller]...bazooka

Yes, yes and yes on those 3 answers, bazooka. :thumbsup:

Here's what we have so far:

1. Shootin' a clock...[smaller]"Killin' Time" - Clint Black[/smaller]...bazooka

2. Be not afraid of death...[smaller]"(Don't Fear) The Reaper" - Blue Oyster Cult[/smaller]...bazooka

3. Ode to an interstate...[smaller]"Highway Song" - Blackfoot[/smaller]...bazooka

5. These glowing warriors sat at the round table...[smaller]"Neon Knights" - Black Sabbath[/smaller]...bazooka

7. To light a stick match in this direction> south to north...[smaller]"Strike It Up" - Black Box[/smaller]...bazooka

10. Bacon and eggs at the home of a popular late '80s singer...[smaller]"Breakfast At Tiffany's" - Deep Blue Something[/smaller]...bazooka

#4,6,8 and 10 are all correct, bazooka.

You are correct about the black & blue artist theme, as well. :thumbsup:

Way to go!

Yes, it would be nice if there were more members taking a guess at them.

Oh, well. I guess the thread isn't as popular as Farmville or Anagram This. :P

1. Shootin' a clock...[smaller]"Killin' Time" - Clint Black[/smaller]...bazooka

3. Ode to an interstate...[smaller]"Highway Song" - Blackfoot[/smaller]...bazooka

4. I don't want you to love me...[smaller]"Hate Me" - Blue October[/smaller]...bazooka

5. These glowing warriors sat at the round table...[smaller]"Neon Knights" - Black Sabbath[/smaller]...bazooka

6. Birds sing this song to their young at bedtime...[smaller]"Lullaby Of Birdland" - Blue Stars[/smaller]...bazooka

8. Strange, odd people are found here at the fair or circus...[smaller]"Sideshow" - Blue Magic[/smaller]...bazooka

9. A scorpion playing blackjack might say this to the dealer...[smaller]"Sting Me" - The Black Crowes[/smaller]...bazooka

Edited by Guest
Added final answer

• 1 month later...

I guess I'll take another turn since no one else is posting a new one.

- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -

1. A camel may enjoy singing this song at karaoke.

2. This planet is a neighbor of ours.

3. When the children asked their father what he was carrying on his shoulder, his reply was this.

4. You can do this on a raft in the open sea.

5. This request was made so he could come out of hibernation on October 1st.

6. The man said this to the stranger because he didn't know his name.

7. A blackjack dealer deals the first card this way.

8. The Birdman Of Alcatraz may have said this to a bird when releasing it from it's cage.

9. A baby in a cradle would say this to his parents if he could talk.

10. These two things make a pinball machine an exciting game to play.