The Topical Ten. Can you Guess them from the Clues ?

OLD 55

• Replies 2.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

That answer is correct, Bazooka.

Final results.

Theme: 2-word songs that each word starts with the same letter.

1. The teacher was given this by Mr. Sandler...[smaller]"Adam's Apple" - Aerosmith[/smaller]...bazooka

2. This newborn will come back to you if you throw it...[smaller]"Baby Boomerang" - The Shins[/smaller]...bazooka[smaller] or by T. Rex[/smaller]

3. Dogs can be found doing this on the street...[smaller]"Chasing Cars" - Snow Patrol[/smaller]...bazooka

4. You will get this if you water your lawn often...[smaller]"Green Grass" - Tom Waits[/smaller]...bazooka[smaller] or by Gary Lewis And The Playboys[/smaller]

5. A recently divorced man may stay here overnight...[smaller]"Heartbreak Hotel" - Elvis Presley[/smaller]...Dappled

6. This organ needs to be fed...[smaller]"Hungry Heart" - Bruce Springsteen[/smaller]...bazooka

7. The man had this nickname for his mistress because she was tiny...[smaller]"Little Lover" - AC/DC[/smaller]...bazooka

8. Beware of this crazed person when the clock strikes twelve...[smaller]"Midnight Maniac" - Krokus[/smaller]...bazooka

9. This single girl is never happy...[smaller]"Miss Misery" - Elliot Smith[/smaller]...bazooka[smaller] or by Nazareth[/smaller]

10. This is some really attractive stationary...[smaller]"Pretty Paper" - Roy Orbison[/smaller]...bazooka

My turn? :)

1. Haight-Ashbury after dusk

2. Small brats

3. A chunk of the old ticker

4. It's a bird, it's a plane, it's a …. bird!

5. Home of the Cherokee

6. Final smooch

7. Don't weep after dawn

8. Satan in navycolored uniform

9. Commander of your vessel

10. Amorous play

Theme ?: Artists Or Band names with "and the" in their name.

1. "San Franciscan Nights" - Eric Burdon & The Animals

3. "Piece Of My Heart" - Big Brother & The Holding Company

6. "Last Kiss" - J. Frank Wilson And The Cavaliers

8. "Devil With A Blue Dress On" - Mitch Ryder & The Detroit Wheels

Yes it did, Dappled.

Superman was the first thing I thought of when I read the clue but I thought of every Superman song I could remember and came up with nothing.

That's when I thought I'd go with bird related songs.

I guess it's an album track I may not have heard of or forgot about.

I'm still working on it, though.

Correct, Brad! And here’s the list:

Theme: Artists with â€and the†in the name

1. Haight-Ashbury after dusk - "San Franciscan Nights" - Eric Burdon & The Animals - Brad

2. Small brats - "Little Children" - Billy J. Kramer With The Dakotas - Brad

3. A chunk of the old ticker - "Piece Of My Heart" - Big Brother & The Holding Company - Brad

4. It's a bird, it's a plane, it's a …. bird! - "Superbird" - Country Joe And The Fish - Brad

5. Home of the Cherokee – “Indian Reservation†- Paul Revere & the Raiders - cyberjudge

6. Final smooch - "Last Kiss" - J. Frank Wilson And The Cavaliers - Brad

7. Don't weep after dawn – “Don't Let the Sun Catch You Crying†- Gerry & the Pacemakers - cyberjudge

8. Satan in navycolored uniform - "Devil With A Blue Dress On" - Mitch Ryder & The Detroit Wheels - Brad

9. Commander of your vessel - "Captain Of Your Ship" - Reparata & The Delrons - Yellowsnow

10. Amorous play - "Game Of Love" - Wayne Fontana & The Mindbenders - Yellowsnow

Good show, everyone!