The Topical Ten. Can you Guess them from the Clues ?

OLD 55

• Replies 2.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Ok, here's what we have so far:

Theme: Female Artists.

1. He couldn't inspire romantic love if he tried.

2. This is what you will hear if a romantic person whispers in your ear...[smaller]"Sweet Nothin's" - Brenda Lee[/smaller]...Laurie

3. A drunken man may be seen doing this when he gets home...[smaller]"Stumblin' In" - Suzi Quatro[/smaller][smaller] and Chris Norman...[/smaller]Laurie

4. He was "The Little Devil"...[smaller]"Hot Stuff" - Donna Summer[/smaller]...Laurie

5. This performing art can be mesmerizing and entertaining to both children and adults.

6. A promiscuous girl usually gets this when word gets around...[smaller]"Bad Reputation" - Joan Jett & The Blackhearts[/smaller]...Laurie

7. A small serving of this can kill you.

8. Finding this on the beach can make some of your wishes come true...[smaller]"Genie In A Bottle" - Christina Aguilera[/smaller]...Laurie

9. Two poor people who are falling in love may be happy to find this out.

10. These three words can be used to describe the same person...[smaller]"Me, Myself And I" - Beyonce[/smaller]...Laurie

If it were more obvious it would materialize almost (plum crazy with white bucket seats w/black dash and carpet; '[70 R/T Challenger with the true "stroker")

VVVVVVRRRRROOOOM!

As much as I love my '70 Challenger; it doesn't come close to my '63 split window coupe. The 'vette can run circles around it.

Sorry. I forgot what this thread is about. I realize it's about identifying some famous band members. My thought is the one that answers correctly is fond of the band and music in general.

(duh)

#5 is correct, CJ. :thumbsup:

A few tiny hints:

#1 is a hit from the late '50s.

#7 is a hit from the early '90s.

#9 is a hit from the early '00s.

Here's where we're at now:

1. He couldn't inspire romantic love if he tried.

2. This is what you will hear if a romantic person whispers in your ear...[smaller]"Sweet Nothin's" - Brenda Lee[/smaller]...Laurie

3. A drunken man may be seen doing this when he gets home...[smaller]"Stumblin' In" - Suzi Quatro[/smaller][smaller] and Chris Norman...[/smaller]Laurie

4. He was "The Little Devil"...[smaller]"Hot Stuff" - Donna Summer[/smaller]...Laurie

5. This performing art can be mesmerizing and entertaining to both children and adults...[smaller]"Magic" - Olivia Newton-John[/smaller]...cyberjudge

6. A promiscuous girl usually gets this when word gets around...[smaller]"Bad Reputation" - Joan Jett & The Blackhearts[/smaller]...Laurie

8. Finding this on the beach can make some of your wishes come true...[smaller]"Genie In A Bottle" - Christina Aguilera[/smaller]...Laurie

9. Two poor people who are falling in love may be happy to find this out.

10. These three words can be used to describe the same person...[smaller]"Me, Myself And I" - Beyonce[/smaller]...Laurie

I guess those clues were too tiny.

Here's a little bit more.

#1:

A hit from the late '50s.

Think about who inspires romantic love and apply the original clue.

#7:

A hit from the early '90s.

Think about something that can kill you, then put it in a small serving.

#9:

A hit from the early '00s.

Emphasis is on poor people and it's something about love that they find out about that makes them happy.

1. Stupid Cupid – Connie Francis
Yes. :thumbsup:

9. Love is Free – Sheryl Crow.
I wouldn't call 2008 an early 00's year, but I will accept it, since the song does fit the original clue. :thumbsup:

I was thinking, "Love Don't Cost A Thing" - Jennifer Lopez

Only #7 is left to figure out.

Here's where we're at now:

1. He couldn't inspire romantic love if he tried...[smaller]"Stupid Cupid" - Connie Francis[/smaller]...bazooka

5. This performing art can be mesmerizing and entertaining to both children and adults...[smaller]"Magic" - Olivia Newton-John[/smaller]...cyberjudge

9. Two poor people who are falling in love may be happy to find this out...[smaller]"Love Is Free" - Sheryl Crow[/smaller]...bazooka [smaller]or[/smaller][smaller]"Love Don't Cost A Thing" - Jennifer Lopez[/smaller]

Only #7 is left.

Additional hint: Don't think of something you would eat, think of something you would drink.

Looks like the masses need yet another hint for #7.

Here's the hints given so far, plus one more.

>A hit from the early '90s.

>Think about something that can kill you, then put it in a small serving.

>Don't think of something you would eat, think of something you would drink.

>A bartender would serve you this killer drink in a small glass.

A Shot Of Poison ~ Lita Ford

:bow: Way To Go, Laurie.

I was hoping someone would get it soon.

Here's the final draft:

1. He couldn't inspire romantic love if he tried...[smaller]"Stupid Cupid" - Connie Francis[/smaller]...bazooka

7. A small serving of this can kill you...[smaller]"Shot Of Poison" - Lita Ford[/smaller]...Laurie

9. Two poor people who are falling in love may be happy to find this out...[smaller]"Love Is Free" - Sheryl Crow[/smaller]...bazooka [smaller]or[/smaller][smaller]"Love Don't Cost A Thing" - Jennifer Lopez[/smaller]

• 3 weeks later...

Here we go! :)

1. She has so much money.

2. This hazardous section of road has claimed many lives.

3. This feels good when you're outside on a hot day in July.

4. It was for this reason your dad went to the sock hop alone.

5. If you can't find a good price on something, you should do this.

6. So many things will change as we move forward into the future.

7. If you can hear this, you're hearing something that can't be heard.

8. If there was nothing but hatred everywhere you looked, we would have this.

9. Randy and Simon could sometimes be heard saying this when calling out to their co-host.

10. We can say this about him because even after spending all day training for the rodeo, grooming his horse, and rounding up the cattle, he went to bed knowing he'd have to do it all again tomorrow and maybe even more.

1. Rich Girl-Hall & Oates

2. Dead Man's Curve-Jan & Dean

3. Summer Breeze-Seals & Crofts

4. Your Mama Don't Dance-Loggins & Messina

5. Shop Around-Captain & Tennille

6. In the Year 2525-Zager & Evans

7. The Sounds of Silence-Simon & Garfunkel

8. A World Without Love-Peter & Gordon

9. Hey Paula-Paul & Paula

10. A Cowboy's Work is Never Done-Sonny & Cher

Theme: duos (of one-named partners)

My first time, all in rhyme.