Not your typical romantic gesture.

Sweet Jane 61

Have you or someone done some that is out of the ordinary for being romantic? Of course flowers, candy, a love poem all are romantic, but what about something a little different? A guy I dated once washed my hair! He was like you wanna try something fun and relaxing, of course I said yes, not having that in mind, but he had me sit at the sink, put down a towel and I leaned back and he washed my hair and it felt wonderful. I mean we all love that at the beauty shop. It was one of the most romantic things anyone has ever done for me. So fellow SF's anything out of the ordinary for you or someone???

my boyfriend is far from being romantic, but on occasion he does these really sweet things that shock me. like just before xmas i kept saying how i was going to buy a smoothie maker, and he went and bought it for me! and at some other point, he went and got me the (then) newest version of gameboy because I kept complaining that i couldn't find any games for the one i had!

Edited by Guest

My friend-who-wears-Charlie was unhappy that her FM radio didn't work very well inside the workplace, so we took a trip to an Indie Apple dealer. iPod Minis were hot, but absolutely unavailable, so I bought her a third generation 15GB iPod and a number of accessories. There have been trips to Borders for books and music, but I guess this the closest to romantic as I get. :headphones:

My husband came home the other night after work and brought me a Red Bull. I asked why and he told me I work very much and I do all the house stuff and papers and insurances and deadlines and pets and... everything!! (but cook...)... and also that he would be lost without me and many other lovely things... ok, I already knew all that and I´m not very romantic, I admit, but the Red Bull thing seemed so funny to me... it was touching... :laughing:

It´s still in the fridge, I´ll drink it or hide so he won´t think I didn´t appreciate his present... :laughing:

if it's not stepping on sammy's toes too much i'd like to do a mini-musical interlude:

'those were the days of roses, poetry and prose

when martha, all i had was you and all you had was me"

romance isn't dead though - that's sweet edna! when my boy buys me a chocolate bar it's for the same reasons, so it's special :)

oh i forgot the best one. again, this may not sound impressive, but my boyfriend is not very romantic normally. He was at my place ( i wasn't there) and left to go back to his in bristol. note that we had been going out for about 2.5 years, and had spent every breathing moment together, so him moving to bristol was really painful. when I returned home, he had written "I love you" in huge letters on a piece of paper, and left it on my bed! :)I still have it of course.

aw so cute! :)

when i came back from dropping my boy off at the airport in munich, there was love letter on my coffee table for me.

one of the best things i've done was for our first anniversary. over the year i had kept loads of mementos, emails, letters, bits of wrapping paper from presents, all the fliers for gigs we had gone to etc. i bought a nice scrapbook and wrote the story of how we met and got together, about all the most important things we had done together over the year and stuck in the emails etc. as well as photographs. it's so gorgeous!! i'm so glad i did it because it's something we will keep forever :)

I wish I had done that a few years ago Gis, it is one of the nicest things I have seen partners do for their other half :( Now it is 4 years on and all the bits of our relationship are scattered all over the place!

I do however make a collage of all the photo's from a specific event or holiday we enjoyed. But they are all sitting on file and not printed out yet :(

romance isn't dead though - that's sweet edna! when my boy buys me a chocolate bar it's for the same reasons, so it's special :)

They are so sweet, it´s just their way to say they love us...

:):):)

My ex used to take me to expensive restaurants and buy me expensive presents I would never use or wear, but he was lovely anyways...