Your Photograph

Carl

• Replies 2.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

That's certainly one thing I envy about S. California life - the marketplace . Anything your heart may desire - someone's got a shop selling it, or a way to get it . I don't think there is anything one can't easily get from around the world there . I imagine the NY area to be the same .

Unfortunately not . While there is a large selection of goods to be bought , they are either at a) an outrageous price or b ) difficult to locate or just not available . Japanese shops tend to stock what is presently popular rather than trying to be too unique - too risky for a customer base that follows trends like lemmings , generally .

That's certainly one thing I envy about S. California life - the marketplace . Anything your heart may desire - someone's got a shop selling it, or a way to get it . I don't think there is anything one can't easily get from around the world there . I imagine the NY area to be the same .

Too bad the salaries here in SoCal don't match the cost of living by about... 50K USD. You can buy all the trinkets, but you can't buy the place to put them in :cool:

Too bad the salaries here in SoCal don't match the cost of living by about... 50K USD. You can buy all the trinkets, but you can't buy the place to put them in :cool:

Cheap. You get a dark and noisy 25m2 appartment in the lower part of town for that price here...

A normal salary is less than a very cheap rent.

• 1 month later...