CARL/SARA/MODS!?!

Kevin

Could someone please make an announcement soon to the membership about the current status of the site ? People are eager to begin using it, if possible, but would like to know with some sort of official word from you as to what they can/ cannot or should/ shouldn't do presently.

By all means, please remove the barriers erected by katie, edna and myself and replace them with messages bearing your names as I'm sure this would be much more reassuring to all.

Thank you.

I actually don´t know why or if we shouldn´t post... all I know is we are now in 1970 :coolio: and that each time we post, the thread goes to the last page of the main thread. I ignore if this is bad or anything, but seems it could be difficult to put the posts back in their previous order if we do... now, is it really true?

Pls, can anybody tell us something about it? :shades:

• 35 years later...

No one has said we shouldn't post. No one has said that it's fine to do so ,as well. I have suggested that we wait for word from someone one way or the other. My concern is that there will be a terrible mess if we start to post and scatter the threads -- especially the most current and popular ones all over the place. Not only that, but who knows FOR CERTAIN what effect is going to take place on threads with numerous improperly dated posts on them ? Will they be easily corrected and kept in order ? Will they have to be deleted (posts or possibly the whole thread ) ? I know that we could go ahead and start, let the threads fly all over, etc. but imagine the potential mess if we go ahead and do that and really just should've stopped now for a while .

To all, I say do as you wish. I, nor anyone else here have any authority or right to stop you from posting. Personally, I think we should wait for someone who knows FOR SURE what the real situation is and what we can/ cannot do or should/ shouldn't do. I can' t believe neither a moderator or the heads of this site haven't put in an appearance yet to do so . It's a bit like the old joke "there's never a cop when you NEED one ". :laughing: Anyway, I say patience people ... can't be much longer !! ( I hope ) :thumbsup:

:help: :help: :help: :help: :help:

Hi all.

Last night, the server rebooted and came back thinking it was 1969. This is refreshing news for anyone who believes computers are going to take over the world and make us their slaves - they sometimes need us to tell them what day it is.

Sara and I weren't able to get in and fix it last night, and we really appreciate you guys taking steps to warn people about the problem. It means a lot to us that you guys will help us out when things go wacky.

We are going to delete the posts made when the date was funky to put things back in order. I apologize for the deleted posts, but it's something we have to do.

Everything should be back to normal now. I know we've had a lot of technical issues over the last few months, and we're taking steps to shore things up. Our new server is set up and we're going to start testing it soon. The problems are related to increased traffic on the site as it becomes more popular, and the new server should make a huge difference.

Thanks,

Carl

Hi everyone, We had the same problem happen AGAIN this afternoon but this time we were able to get on top of it sooner and it is now back to normal again. The good result is that this time we were able to find out what caused the problem and it is being fixed to prevent further time travel! Thank you all for your patience. :)

I couldn't log on for the longest freakin' time, but I managed to get on, I was so afraid that I had pulled a DanielJ, or TrampledUnderFoot.
What would that be?

I would log on, but it wouldn't remember my password. I'd have to keep log in again to get out of My Home, and then it would take me back to My Home. I think this was earlier today, yesterday, and Sunday.

Just for the record, if you boot up your computer and it thinks it's 1969, your battery is probably dead. Not the big rechargable battery, but the little one that keeps track of the date and time while it's powered down.

Sara, Carl, :bow: :bow: :bow: :bow: :bow: :bow: you´re doing great, administrators! Thank you once again!!!!! You see, we´re all somehow hooked on songfacts... we feel homeless when there´s trouble... thank you for keeping and running this site and if ever we can help when there´s trouble, never doubt to let us know!

Thanks once again!!! :thumbsup: :thumbsup:

Sigh...Thanks Carl and Sara. You have a lot of addicts here who need their SF hit or we get :beady:. LOL!

Yeah, we´re really hooked!!! At least it´s not bad for our health, we won´t get bad diseases, our teeth won´t fall and our livers won´t suffer!!! :laughing: :laughing:

I,too, was trapped on the outside of the Songfacts fish tank. But, unlike my alter-ego, Dave, I tapped the glass. LOL. Nobody paid any mind.

And do you ever wonder just what those inside think of that ? I do. Any thoughts ? "We're just two lost souls livin' in a fish bowl, year after year... " And we did indeed Wish You Were Here !!! "Oh, what a night !! " :thumbsup: :drummer: :laughing: