about canadains all the things u thougth u knew

Well all the Canadains here post something u have heard about us Canadains and ease everyone minds that we are normal lol ..... here is wat i heard

1. No i dont live in an igloo

2. I dont have a pet beaver or peguin

3. And i dont know everyone in canada lol

Just letting the world know the truth about Canadains...o yea if u heard something post it here and well will tell u if its true or not lol :: :happybanana:

Yes, in france we have a song about doors never closed, coz there´s nothing to steal... ("Ma cabanne au Canada")!!

I had some Canadian friends, they are very cool people... And there is also Leonard Cohen, DanielJ, who is my top Canadian right now, Neil Young, Joni Mitchell, mapple leaves... I loved Canada since I was a child, I dreamed of living there when an adult...

I made a trip to Vancouver a few years ago and was impressed with its general cleanliness and friendly people. I also had the best fish & chips I have ever had and a very good local beer from a sports bar there. The thing that I liked the most, though, was being able to procure a Cuban cigar without "having to know someone".....

This went through Canda a couple of years ago. Originally, part of a Molson Canadian Beer ad, people really clung to it, and patriotism went through the roof for a couple of weeks. Then it got cold, gas prices went up, the price of a pack of smokes went up, and we all kinda forgot about it, eh? Anyhow, here is 'The Rant'....

Hey, I'm not a lumberjack, or a fur trader....

I don't live in an igloo or eat blubber, or own a dogsled....

and I don't know Jimmy, Sally or Suzy from Canada,

although I'm certain they're really really nice.

I have a Prime Minister, not a president.

I speak English and French, not American.

And I pronounce it 'about', not 'a boot'.

I can proudly sew my country's flag on my backpack.

I believe in peace keeping, not policing,

diversity, not assimilation,

and that the beaver is a truly proud and noble animal.

A toque is a hat, a chesterfield is a couch,

and it is pronounced 'zed' not 'zee', 'zed' !!!!

Canada is the second largest landmass!

The first nation of hockey!

and the best part of North America

My name is Joe!!

And I am Canadian!!!

Ken.

I was in Chile last month and some guys we're commenting on my accent. Of course of I have an accent to people in Chile, but I was wondering what do Americans think we sound like? What (if you can descirbe it) does our accent sound like?

I dont hear a difference (except for a few words.) I think the biggest difference is I have never heard a Canadian butcher the English language like my "peeps" do...