In praise of Bluesboy

_jr_

I know bluesy's probably going to hate me for drawing attention to him like this, since he's so understated, but this needs to be said, and I wanted to say it to everyone.

Plus, Edna said that we should share musical experiences with one another.

Today, in the mail, I recieved a few cd's bluesy sent to me. It's selected cuts from Stevie Ray Vaughan's box set, which I don't own.(yet)

I was already giddy at the prospect of having new SRV, but when I put it in, wow. I never get over how much that guy amazes me.

Bluesy also included copies of the booklet that went with it, and I was reading it, and I see:

Looking Out The Window

Look at Little Sister

Willie the Wimp

Recorded June 30,1987

Mann Music Center, Philadelphia, Pa.

I got cold shivers and goosebumps. I was at that show !

Bluesy, old son, you've given me probably the greatest gift of music I could ever get from anyone. Everyone around here knows I love SRV. He moves me, speaks to me. Now, to have that connection, 17 years later, to hear the same notes he play while I was right there with him, well, that's something I don't think will ever be topped. It's like a circle has been completed for me, is the best way I can describe it. Like now, I can finally accept that Stevie's not coming back.

Anyway, bluesy, you are the man. No one will ever be able to tell me different.

Geez, I'm such a geek.

I concur, jr. Bluesboy is one of those posters who never seems to be around enough, and when he is - you just want him to stay so you can learn and just soak in what he has to say.

And what an amazing gift he has given you, man even I got shivers reading this:

I got cold shivers and goosebumps. I was at that show !

Understated, but never overlooked. That's our Bluesboy.