Damien Rice

SoulGirl

• 1 month later...

You're right about the CD not touching the live experience. He's an amazing songwriter and singer, and he's got Lisa Hannigan as well. The voice of an angel. Not to mention Vyvian on cello! I have several live recordings, and last spring I got to see a show from backstage! My daughter & a friend were underage, but they had met and chatted with Lisa the night before, so she talked their road manager into letting them sit backstage. Such nice folks, too. I think it's unfortunate that more people don't appreciate Damien's stuff, but then again, it's fun to have him remain something of a "cult" artist here in the U.S.

rk he doesn't have any other releases out yet although his second album was ready at the same time as the first (apparently). he put all the heavier stuff on the second record but it's beenso long now i think he might just rework the whole lot. i was at his 1, 2, 3 attempts at launching the debut album which always failed because of problems with the printing - that unusual cover y'know.

they're a wonderful bunch of people, i'm crazy about tomo, the drummer - he's cool! i'm delighted for them and their success but of course i wish they were still back in cork playing the lobby and letting us support them!

• 1 month later...