SF Fantasy Baseball VIII : 2012 Season

Kevin

Go ahead and draft , guys , I dropped out .I'm fine with just one team this season in points . The ghost team is a good idea ,Rocky , we've used it for football , but its a pretty long season to have to look after it , and a bit of a pain eventually ,imo . :)

Good luck everyone !

• Replies 120
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I was going to suggest the ghost team option, but apparently Kevin has made the decision moot by dropping out of the Head To Head. I am still willing to run a ghost team if Kevin wants to enter a team. But whatever everyone decides is okay by me.

Bring on the draft!!!!

The draft has happened - but the rosters are still empty. The draft results are posted though, and it appears you should fear my pitching staff ... but not much else. I screwed myself messing w/ the rankings. I need to learn to leave it alone. :P

• 2 weeks later...

OMG! I hate this game! Bunch of lousy wimps! No wonder they play baseball cuz football and hockey players would have to suck it up and play! :mad:

I need about 17 DL spots for my team... any possibility of that happening? :laughing:

Not a good omen for the season. :doh:

Good race in points so far. Frequent leader changes and big ranking leaps possible on a lucky day , along with everyone nicely out of the gate . No one is dominating , but CanAm does seem to be putting up the best daily averages so far. A couple of complete games for some early in the season already , too :cool:

How goes the head to head ?

Edited by Guest

Despite being new and getting 8 DL's drafted I managed to not be in last place. :laughing:

Seriously though... The Bridesmaids are on top but in the early-going it's fairly tight. No team seems to have pulled away just yet and no one is out of the running. Much like points league :cool:

What's with all these guys on the DL? Are these guys wimps or what? The least little boo-boo and they go on the DL for weeks.

It's early days yet but the points league looks like it's going to be very competitive. I got lucky in the first Head To Head but I think my team is coming down to earth this week.

Nice complete game shutout from Price today ,Carole :thumbsup:

You've soared out of the basement this week . Was beginning to wonder about your bunch ... :D

Ron Washington owes me 25 points ! He pulled Darvish after 8 1/3, and he wasn't struggling, just a runner on first. The closer came in and next pitch was a double play to end the game . :beady: :susel:

Edited by Guest

Thanks Kev! Not that I had much to do with it. ;)

I'm wondering about my bunch as well .... I've got enough good hitters & pitchers on both teams that I should be doing better than this, but the hitters ain't hittin' and the pitchers ain't pitchin' - worth a damn anyway. :P

• 2 weeks later...

Wow. :o 2 consecutive complete game shut outs for CanAm, making about 5 or 6 for him already this early in the season. Nice ! :thumbsup:

How do we compete with THAT !?!? :P :help: ( a DL hex on Verlander an /or Kershaw :beady: )

I have yet to have even one in either category ...

Edited by Guest

I think you may be right ,Phil .

Sure glad I didn't get either this season . It must be incredibly frustrating; you can't just drop them , trade them for a song ( cause no one would likely give you a high production player(s) at this point, which they would normally warrant ) , nor bench them easily for long periods in case they do break out .Good luck !

Adrian Gonzalez has been like that for me as well, often getting just 0.5-2 points ,at best, a day.

Edited by Guest

I think Albert has finally hit his stride, and yes, it's been tough keeping him off the bench (I've got him in points). He sure didn't do much for us last weekend, did he phil?

I'm a bit perturbed with Yahoo right now. Wainright pitched a complete game/shutout on Tuesday for 41+ points, and they have yet to add them. I should have had 80+ points for that day. They'd best make the correction. :mad: