Places for Songplaces!!

Shawna

• Replies 192
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

thanks, Phil! Got 'em. :)

By the way, if any of you all wants to take a crack at writing some of these articles, feel free. We've got a huge list now and limited writers. I'll take contributions... :)

Or if you know of someone in your family or group of friends who likes to write, send 'em my way - they can have their pick of the litter. :grin:

My email address is shawna@songfacts.com.

• 2 months later...

have these ever been mentioned yet?

Suffragette City - David Bowie

Streets of Bakersfield - Buck Owens / Dwight Yoakam

Jackson - Johnny Cash

Folsom Prison Blues - Johnny Cash

The Weight - The Band

Helpless - Neil Young

If they're already on your list, sorry... with all these "M" tags around I don't wanna anger any of you :grin:

• 6 months later...

Are you adding songs to that site still, Shawna?

Lonesome Death of Hattie Carrol by Bob Dylan.

"The main incident of the song took place in the early hours of February 9, 1963, at the white tie Spinsters' Ball at the Emerson Hotel in Baltimore, Maryland. Using a toy cane, Zantzinger drunkenly assaulted at least three of the Emerson Hotel workers: a bellboy, a waitress, and—at about 1:30 in the morning of the 9th—Carroll, a barmaid. In addition to her work at the hotel, Hattie Carroll, at 51, was the mother of eleven children (the song says "ten") and president of a black social club."

oh yeah... due to the server issues that we had earlier last month I wasn't able to add anything for a bit, but it's back now and in fact I just put up a new article last night. :)

So thanks for the suggestion! I will put this in the queue. Sounds like a great story...

oh yeah.. blame the server problems :badcomp:

I am kidding :)

• 1 month later...

It's been a very slow summer as far as writing for the site... but we've just added some new writers (new blood in time for Halloween) :grin:

I can't find who mentioned this song, but I know it was mentioned here, so here's Waterloo Sunset ~ Kinks to whet your appetite until some more of your suggestions are written. And several of them are in the works. Right. Now.

:) :)

• 2 weeks later...

And a couple more:

in Brixton is the Electric Avenue

which Eddy Grant made to a song

Electric Avenue ~ Eddy Grant

Lonesome Death of Hattie Carrol by Bob Dylan.

"The Lonesome Death of Hattie Carroll" ~ Bob Dylan

By the way, there's lots of new articles being added, I only post the ones here that have been suggested in this thread. So hop on over when you have time and see what's new!

:sing1: :headphones:

• 2 weeks later...

Today is the 40th anniversary of the release of Peaceful Easy Feeling by The Eagles. Written at Der Weinerschnitzel in Hillcrest (San Diego). The composer Jack Tempchin is a lifelong resident of San Diego (actually lives in my city of Encinitas now). The mayor has proclaimed today Peaceful Easy Feeling Day, and Der Weinerschnitzel is dedicating to Tempchin his very own Weiner table. :D

I just love that one of the sweetest rock songs ever was written at Der Weinerschnitzel. :laughing:

U~T SanDiego

Heads up Shawna, here's a hometown story for you. ;)

• 4 weeks later...