The Songfactors' Choice Top ten #181

Lucky

WELCOME TO THE SONGFACTORS' CHOICE TOP TEN #181 :headphones:

ALL MEMBERS OF SONGFACTS ARE MOST WELCOME TO PARTICIPATE. The greater the participation, the more diverse, and more representative our top ten list is. We'd like to invite everyone to help us select THE SONGFACTOR'S CHOICE TOP TEN! :)

IT'S SIMPLE, ALL YOU HAVE TO DO IS:

* Nominate two songs that haven't made the Ten before ... Click here to view Every Song That's Made The Songfactors' Choice Top Tens (Artists). ... And here to view Every Song That's made The Songfactors' Choice Top Ten (Songs)

Yes, it's true, we now have two, two, two lists in one! :)

* When nominations close, choose your favorite Ten songs in order of preference from the Final Nominations and post them here. Points are allotted, 10 for your #1 song, 9 for #2, Etc. and our Top Ten is compiled from them. At the end of the voting period we'll announce The Songfactors' Choice Top Ten For that week.

LET US HAVE YOUR NOMINATIONS NOW ! :thumbsup:

:headphones:

• Replies 97
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Hey Liberal (at some point I just know I'm going to call you Lib). Pleased to meetcha, and welcome to the Top Ten! I can't think of a better reason to join. ;)

Oh Kenne, yes, absolutely! I favor that one over the no #1's. We'll figure out a good time.

Edited by Guest
forgot to answer MC's question

It's birthday week in my family...Hubby's got a birthday coming up on Friday. He wanted me to nominate a song for him...I said sure, only if I like it though...LOL...so here's his nom that I happen to love...Can't believe we don't have Triumph on the list yet!

Lay It On The Line ~ Triumph (1979)

And my sister has a birthday coming up too...She saw The Grass Roots when I did...She said she forgot they did this song, and loves this song....so here's her nomination...Which I happen to love also :P

Let's Live For Today ~ Grass Roots (1967)

1. Your Woman ~ White Town (1997) Introduced to me by my daughter, but identified by Martin (I think). This one wasn't nominated for the 90's Ten, and I think it should have been.

maybe I identified it then, but Radhi actually introduced me to that song ( *gasp*, I know!)

and you're absolutely right - if I'd have had more than two nominations I definitely would have nominated it :bow:

PS Welcome aboard, Liberal :)

Edited by Guest

Ampersand ~ Amanda Palmer (2008) Video and mp3

The ghetto boys are catcalling me

As I pull my keys from my pocket

I wonder if this method of courtship

Has ever been effective

Has any girl in history said:

"Sure, you seem so nice, let's get it on"

Still, I always shock them when I answer:

"Hi my name's Amanda"

and I'm not gonna live my life on one side of an Ampersand

and even if I went with you, I'm not the girl you think I am

and I'm not gonna match you

cause I'll lose my voice completely yeah

I'm just gonna watch you

Cause I'm not the one that's crazy...

The Hope That Houses Built ~ Future of the Left (2009) Video and mp3

In the end everybody wins

As long as we remember there's a reason for

Incredible wealth (incredible wealth)

Incredible luck (incredible luck)

Don't despair, life is just a dream

And nobody can judge us if we choose to face it

gradually (it gradually)

Makes everything right (means nothing can beat us)

Come join, come join our hopeless cause!

Come join, come join our lost cause!

Come join, come join our hopeless cause!

Come join, come join our lost cause!

Edited by Guest
added mp3 links for the people who can't view youtubes for whatever reason but still can (and want to) listen to the songs, also for the people who like the 'save target as' option