The Songfactors' Choice Top Ten #179

Lucky

• Replies 137
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I like it :D

I'm surprised Breathe got so many votes. Not because it didn't deserve them, it's a beautiful song and one of my favorites. I'm surprised only because I know a lot of the Sfer's don't vote to heavy on the super groups.

I voted for a lot of the songs that made it this week. Nice list :thumbsup:

Breathe is one of the most beautiful songs on the album. I would have loved to see it #1, but #2 is just as good.

I pretty much think all of their music is awesome. After all, their my favorite group ;)

As they are mine. I'd love to get more Floyd into the Top Tens but all the songs I know other people here have probably heard of have been selected already.

Maybe next week I'll make both my choices Floyd songs.

The Cure at #1! :rockon:

Pink Floyd! :rockon:

Sticky Fingers and Who's Next get their eighth TT entrants! :rockon:

CCR! :rockon:

Two great 00s songs! :rockon:

Genesis and Nick Cave make the TT for the first time! :rockon:

[biggest]THICK AS A BRICK!!![/biggest] :bow: :rockon: :bow: :rockon: :bow:

Yeah, I guess I'm pretty happy with the results. :wink:

I was kinda surprised you didn't give ELP a vote. I figured it would get at least 2 votes. But alas... We may well be their biggest fans here on SF :puppyeyes:

I am happy if people just listen tho and it was a very long song but well worth nominating :thumbsup:

Vote splitting is never really a good thing and a lot of the time some people won't vote on the super groups, so some of the newer groups have a better chance. I can't fault them for feeling that way really. But I'm still nominating a Stones song next week :D

I've nominated several other songs by PF that haven't made it in. Not everyones is a fan but several of us here are.

I was surprised neither Cymbaline or Grantchester Meadows did very well when I nominated them. Both are beautiful songs. There's a few Floyd songs even I don't care for and I'm a huge fan. I'm happy if people just listen to what I nominate.

ELP is greatly overlooked IMHO but I think they are more of an acquired taste. I could say the same about a few of my other favorite groups like Modest Mouse.

Yeah, I guess I'm pretty happy with the results.

I knew that you would be. :shades: :D

By the way, someone said that Us and Them hadn't made the ten yet. It's one of my favorites and would get a definate high vote from me.

Edited by Guest

I was kinda surprised you didn't give ELP a vote. I figured it would get at least 2 votes. But alas... We may well be their biggest fans here on SF :puppyeyes:

Take A Pebble would have been in my Top 20 for this list. Tarkus and Karn Evil 9 are still my favourite ELP songs by a pretty long way.

I so love Greg Lakes voice that just about anything he sings is a favorite of mine. To bad his heavy smoking pretty much completely ruined it so fast.

All three of those guys have massive talent but I loved to listen to Greg sing *sigh*

That was also me. :wink:

I think it has a pretty good chance of making #1 whenever it is nominated. :)

If Pink doesn't nominate it next week I will and maybe hold off on my Stones song so it stands a better chance. It's one I haven't heard till a couple days ago so I was quite shocked. I had thought I had heard all of their music.

I'm not the biggest Stones fan in the world but this one is now a top favorite of mine.

Edited by Guest

You can sure tell it has taken it toll tho. But my opinion comes from watching Youtube vids of some of the last ELP concerts. Haven't really listened to much by him as a solo act.

I read just recently that Keith Emmerson may not be able to play anymore due to nerve damage in his hands. It makes me wanna cry. He is one of the best keyboardists in the world IMO. I feel so terrible for him.

...maybe hold off on my Stones song so it stands a better chance. It's one I haven't heard till a couple days ago so I was quite shocked. I had thought I had heard all of their music.

I will vote for it if it' s not from the 80s or 90s or 2000 :grin:

I nominated Winter this week but then Sammy nominated Sister Morph, and that is :bow: :bow: :bow: :thumbsup:

[big]So, how many songs left to get the whole Sticky Fingers in?

It might be the first album who makes it 100%... as it is my Top Fave Album Ever that would be great... :cool:

[/big]

Bitch, Brown Sugar, Dead Flowers. Can't You Hear Me Knocking, Moonlight Mile, Sway, Wild Horses and Sister Morphine.

Left: You Got To Move and I Got The BLues.

Lea, after you nominate -and watch it make the Top ;) - your Stones song next week, I´d love to nominate I Got The Blues... :)

With Ramble Tamble making it, Cosmo's Factory only lacks 3 songs of being complete as well, namly Before You Accuse me, Ooby Dooby, and My baby Left me missing. I like Ooby Dooby, we may have to nominate that one!

But we can now safely say that Jethro Tull, with "Thick as a Brick" is the first complete album to make the Ten. ;)