Musical questions for Celebrities

Otokichi

1.What music were you obsessed with in High School?

Roy Orbison, The Righteous Brothers

2.What's the last album you bought on somebody's recommendation?

Roots by The Everly Brothers. Glad I did!

3.Who comes after Wilco on you iPod?

Over and Out

4.Do you have a go-to karaoke song?

Brown-Eyed Girl

5.Give me a playlist on your iPod.

Without "Please" this sounds like robbery.

6.Is there a song that you consider torture to listen to?

Any non-lyrical "song" in the genre of techno .. techno .. techno .. techno .. techno .. techno .. techno .. techno .. techno .. techno .. techno .. techno ..

7.What was the last song that made you cry?

The Best Is Yet To Come - Clifford T. Ward

Blowin' Away by Ronstadt

I love that song :coolio:

I haven't heard it since my record player broke but I just about wore out the whole album and I still have it. One of her best in my opinion :D

Edited by Guest

Rock, Southern Rock

2.What's the last album you bought on somebody's recommendation?

Frampton Comes Alive

No, Who is on first, Whats on second, and I don't know is on third.

No, but if I did, I'm sure the audience would go to the nearest exit.

I will as soon as I know what one is, and my kids show me how to use it.

I'm sure there is, but can't think of any right now.

Angel ~ Sarah McLachlan :(

You're going to find this very strange, but there was an AM Jazz radio station in Honolulu, and that's where I picked up on Wes Montgomery, Cal Tjader, Louis Armstrong, etc. The other genre was Folk, played by another AM radio station, featuring a late night Hootenanny.

2.What's the last album you bought on somebody's recommendation? If you count the mog.com folks, "Asking For Flowers" by Kathleen Edwards.

The only Wilco I know of is "Roger Wilco" of "Space Quest" fame. (computer RPG of the 1980s)

I'm not much of a singer, don't drink beer, so I do a "Mr. Tanner" most of the time.

The iTunes "90's Music" playlist includes the likes of: Bruddah Waltah, Butch Helemano, Cecilio & Kapono, Don Ho, Loyal Garner, Hui 'Ohana, Jeff Rasmussen, Kalapana, Keola & Kapono Beamer, Linda Ronstadt, Lisa Haley & The Zydekats, Pat Metheny

Funny you should ask, on Mog, a "Toxic Tuesday" poster inflicted the website with "Seasons In The Sun" by Terry Jacks. AARGH!

"Tiergarten" by Tangerine Dream. It was on a custom music CD I made for my mother's funeral service, so I didn't expect it to have that effect on me. (She was an elementary school teacher, and the sound of kids at play that opens the song probably did it.)

Edited by Guest

"Tiergarten" by Tangerine Dream. It was on a custom music CD I made for my mother's funeral service, so I didn't expect it to have that effect on me. (She was an elementary school teacher, and the sound of kids at play that opens the song probably did it.)

Krautrock, huh? :D

in case it's of interest for anyone, 'Tiergarten' ('animal garden') is a large park in the middle of Berlin :)

no, he's in the right one...

even though I think the association "Tiergarten = nude sunbathing" is mostly done by (Canadian? Japanese? ;) ) tourists though.

I even heard once that the "Englischer Garten" in Munich actually became a tourist spot because of that... ("look! nekkid natives!")

that says more about the tourists than the natives though ;)

• 6 months later...

I don't know how I missed this, especially since there's a Wilco question

1.What music were you obsessed with in High School? The Doors

2.What's the last album you bought on somebody's recommendation? Probably Travis' The Man Who, it was that long ago

3.Who comes after Wilco on you iPod? I could have nothing but Wilco on my i-pod, but it is Wonder, Stevie

4.Do you have a go-to karaoke song? No. I have never performed karaoke.

5.Give me a playlist on your iPod. I have a mere shuffle, so no playlists, but I would have a Sad Bastard playlist if I could.

6.Is there a song that you consider torture to listen to? CONVOY

7.What was the last song that made you cry? Chasing Pavements-Adele

Now , hold on Joe . In this, the winter of our discontent , it may be refreshing to return to some good ol' fashioned mod/member/opinion bashing along with bans and threats thereof . Gets the blood up , makes reading later posts more interesting , and helps pass the time till Spring and Baseball season .

Been a while . :laughing: ;)

Help ! I'm being oppressed !

Oh, sure, these big-shots with the M's beside their names can say whatever they feel like ;smug in their brandies, Cuban cigars , threesomes and opium. But just one of us little folk try to speak up and you'll be in a cyber-gulag faster than even ol' Joe Stalin could appreciate ...

Power to the 'M'-less ! :rockon:

( rumble, rumble...) :cool: