The Songfactors' Choice Top Ten #174

• Replies 64
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Michael Jackson, baked beans, egg, sausage and Michael Jackson

That's one helluva sammich you got there, marvelous Martin. :laughing:

It's sad that it took his passing to get us to include these wonderful songs in the top ten, but I'm still pleased to see them there. I'm sure I've nominated Rock With You at least twice. Good stuff, y'all.

Cool list. My number one is one of my favorite Jackson songs.

It's funny, I noticed when everyone was voting how all of us seemed to more or less vote for the songs that spanned our own generations pretty much.

I wonder how many times we will vote on an artist that touched two or even three generations like MJ did. The Beatles maybe a little and The Stones maybe a little but MJ seemed to have music that us older folk were listening to in HS and the same can be said for our younger sfer's.

Thats pretty cool :D

Good list. Thanks to all of you that participated, and to those that didn't, we'll be back to normal next week. ;)

To be very honest, although I realy do like most of the songs on our list, and love a few, they probably wouldn't fall into my personal Top Ten, Top 50, and maybe not even into my personal Top 100. But, as I said before, Michael Jackson has had such a huge influence on not just music, but pop culture as a whole, it really was almost required to salute him in some way I think. After all we are a music website, it does sort of make sense.

Of course we'll do a no #1's again, and soon, those are my favorite! :D

I wasn't too surprised at the smaller than usual turnout, since this week was artist specific, and there are those that just don't care so much for the artist. It's entirely understandable, and fair. Hopefully everyone has got some great nominations in mind for this upcoming week!

We'll probably wait at the least a week. We usually try to time things so that we don't have too many special projects going (on the site as a whole). We don't want to detract from anything already in progress. It'll be soon though, never fear.

sf_songfactorschoicetop10.jpg

The Songfactors' Choice Top Ten #174 for the week ending 12th July 2009

1. Never Can Say Goodbye - The Jackson 5 (1971)

2. ABC - The Jackson 5 (1970)

3. Ben - Michael Jackson (1972)

4. I Want You Back - The Jackson 5 (1969)

5. Love You Save, The - The Jackson 5 (1970)

6. Man In The Mirror - Michael Jackson (1987)

7. Bad - Michael Jackson (1987)

8. Don't Stop Till You Get Enough - Michael Jackson (1979)

9. Remember The Time - Michael Jackson (1992)

10.Rock With You - Michael Jackson (1979)

:headphones: