The Songfactors' Choice Top Ten #162

• Replies 91
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Well, it's a bittersweet week. Satellite Of Love looks doomed to languish on the outside forever, but then again I would never have guessed that Another Girl Another Planet would get so many votes.

So one of my children is underperforming, but the other is a drastic over-achiever. This is probably how every mother feels.

Love...

Head East just barely missed getting in :puppyeyes: There's always next time.

It's still a good ten and a modern staple of the average tens.

:puppyeyes: My noms (Head East & Pretenders) ended up #'s 11 and 12 respectively. If I'd voted Head East #1 instead of #2 it would have made it! :doh: We'll do it again and see what happens! Still and all, a nice ten. I like it. ;)

:puppyeyes: My noms (Head East & Pretenders) ended up #'s 11 and 12 respectively. If I'd voted Head East #1 instead of #2 it would have made it! :doh: We'll do it again and see what happens! Still and all, a nice ten. I like it. ;)

I think I've nominated this before, not sure...but anyways it's a great tune!

What an eclectic Top... :cool: I like it... and "Beast Of Burden" :bow: :bow: :bow: one of my ever fave songs... made it on Top!! :thumbsup:

Satellite Of Love looks doomed to languish on the outside forever

Audrey, wipe away your tears... I know what you mean, I have nominated lots of Lou Reed songs and they never make it. :shades:

Oh, my nom made it... Zagger&Evans with a one-hit wonder... :cool:

I was convinced that I had previously nominated "Teen Age Riot" and that it had failed miserably to make any impact. I had, but it was in one of those "Special" Top Tens (Theme: "Dedications"), when it scored only 17 points, 10 of which were from me.

I notice that it was nominated again in August last year, but I neither nominated nor voted for it; guess it must have been while I was on holiday. Chiz chiz chiz. Otherwise it might have made the 10 much sooner.

Just lately, people keep nominating stuff from my Personal Top 50. Which is nice.

sf_songfactorschoicetop10.jpg

The Songfactors' Choice Top Ten #162 for the week ending 19th April 2009

1. Beast Of Burden - Rolling Stones (1978)

2. In The Year 2525 - Zager & Evans (1969)

3. Grey Seal - Elton John (1970)

4. Rock And Roll Fantasy - Bad Company (1979)

5. Sky High - Jigsaw (1975)

6. Teen Age Riot - Sonic Youth (1988)

7. How Sweet It Is To Be Loved By You - Marvin Gaye (1964)

8. Policy Of Truth - Depeche Mode (1990)

9. Skateaway - Dire Straits (1980)

10. Skating Away On The Thin Ice Of A New Day - Jethro Tull (1974)

:headphones: