The Songfactors' Choice Top Ten #159

• Replies 135
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

It's awkward that Rush couldn't make it in on a list like this after this long, but that song was #1 on the Daily Top 10 for almost an entire year.

I went with Tom Sawyer because to me it was the song most people associate with Rush. I almost went with Fly By Night or Closer to the Heart. But, since it hit #11 Tom Sawyer will eventually make it in.

... since it hit #11 Tom Sawyer will eventually make it in.

Not if I can prevent it! Mwahhh haa haa!!!

To be a little more serious... those are some fantastic players, but I think that their obvious talents are being squandered. I'd like to hear them working with an equally great singer and songwriter. That would really be something.

Lee.

WooHoo !! :rockon: Both my noms made it in! S'been a very long time for that. :thumbsup:

Here's my take on this Ten, a week devoted to artists not previously there:

- Journey was a glaring omission, and Don't Stop is probably their biggest song, so that was a no-brainer.

- Friends in Low Places was a huge pop hit, not just country, and is another that features often in the Daily Ten. I thought it probably should be there.

- Duran Duran? I'm with b-f, Sammy & phil on that one. ;)

- Tom Sawyer? Personally, I'm not a huge Rush fan, and didn't vote for it. I would have voted for Closer to the Heart however.

- Judy in Disguise? I agree with phil, it's a fun song, and I'm very happy it's there, it was my #3.

Other than those, I don't have a lot to comment on. Oh yes, White Bird. Lovely song, I'm glad it finally made it. :)

sf_songfactorschoicetop10.jpg

The Songfactors' Choice Top Ten #159 for the week ending 29th March 2009

1. Don't Stop Believin' - Journey (1981)

2. Killing Moon, The - Echo and the Bunnymen (1984)

3. Hungry Like The Wolf - Duran Duran (1982)

4. Teenage Kicks - The Undertones (1978)

5. White Bird - It's A Beautiful Day (1969)

6. Total Eclipse Of The Heart - Bonnie Tyler (1983)

7. Judy In Disguise (With Glasses) - John Fred & His Playboy Band (1967)

8. Friends In Low Places - Garth Brooks (1990)

9. A Summer Song - Chad & Jeremy (1964)

10. Take My Breath Away - Berlin (1986)

:headphones: