The Songfactors' Choice Top Ten #148

sf_songfactorschoicetop10.jpg

The Songfactors' Choice Top Ten #148 for the week ending 11th January 2009

1. It's My Life - The Animals (1965)

2. Reason To Believe - Rod Stewart (1971)

3. I Just Want To Celebrate - Rare Earth (1971) 

4. There's A Kind Of Hush - Herman Hermits (1967)

5. Hip-Hopopotamus vs Rhymenoceros - Flight of the Conchords (2008)

6. Picture Book - The Kinks (1968)

7. Loves Me Like A Rock - Paul Simon (1973)

8. I Just Want To Make Love To You - Foghat (1977) 

9. Stayin' Alive - Bee Gees (1977)

10. Space Cowboy - Steve Miller Band (1969)

:headphones:

• Replies 107
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

:( You know what the problem is.... nothing just seems to look that great these days. It's like a general malaise, if that's the right word. Or, maybe it's just me. Anyway, kind of I liked it! I nom'ed a song that finsihed dead last! There's something special about a total loser. :P

I like some of the songs... I´m glad "It´s My Life" made it... though I didn´t vote for it (it would have been my number 12...).

I just noticed my nom made it... :shades:

I like this top. I don´t care how old the songs are. Of course, due to my old age I love old songs cause they bring memories... and cause they´re far better than most of all the new stuff... :grin:

:couch:

:( You know what the problem is.... nothing just seems to look that great these days. It's like a general malaise, if that's the right word. Or, maybe it's just me. Anyway, kind of I liked it! I nom'ed a song that finsihed dead last! There's something special about a total loser. :P

When you've gotten to 1480 songs in the TT, it's hard to have another 10 that everyone loves. But it's a good chance to get in songs that have been overlooked before. For example, with an essentially hard rock crowd, I was finally able to get in a flagbearer of the disco era, the Bee Gees' Stayin' Alive. And of course I'm very happy about another Paul Simon classic, Loves Me Like a Rock.

When you've gotten to 1480 songs in the TT, it's hard to have another 10 that everyone loves. But it's a good chance to get in songs that have been overlooked before. For example, with an essentially hard rock crowd, I was finally able to get in a flagbearer of the disco era, the Bee Gees' Stayin' Alive. And of course I'm very happy about another Paul Simon classic, Loves Me Like a Rock.

That many songs? Really! Wow, that's a lot of TT's :cool: It says a lot about the mammoth diversity and uniformity of musical taste, that week after week, there are still more 'someone's favorite songs' to come up with :rock:

BTW (and not to be a trouble-maker) has anyone ever thought about doing a Top 10 or Fifty or a-Hundred from all the collective TT's ???

After a lengthy housecall from my friendly (cheap)computer guy, my computer is all well. :thumbsup: :thumbsup:

After checking this weeks results, I gotta say I absolutely love this ten ! :) These are all classic songs for me, and all songs that I've wanted in there. Skeeter almost got there this time.

1480 songs (I think it's actually 1481 for some reason). That's amazing, huh? When I think that there are many of us that have been here for most, if not all those weeks .... and we're still finding things to nominate, and be excited about ... it's mind boggling and a testament to some thing or other! ;)