Tightwad Tales

Shawna

• 1 month later...

I can't say I used a coupon on a date, but I have on a couple of ladies nights. I am a coupon clipper myslef, but I find that a lot of coupons are for products that are already high priced, or for buying two or three of the product, so you still have to be careful.

Edited by Guest

My friends and I witnessed a marriage proposal at a Denny's at 3 a.m. We were there after a hard night of partying, and this party of about 6 people walks in, gets seated, and one of the guys went to one knee and proposed to his girlfriend. It was appalling. :laughing: :laughing:

• 3 weeks later...
  • 9 months later...

My father in law is soooooooo cheap!....Last year we bought everything for Thanksgiving dinner...and we cooked, and baked it all too...which was fine, but this year I was hoping maybe he'd offer to help out a little bit????? but nooooooo....He did say he would get the pies for dessert....So I look in the freezer and I see one little Mrs. Smiths Mince Meat Pie...ONE????...we have 8 people coming to dinner!....Well hubby asked him about it, and the old man says "Well they were buy one get one free...so I just bought one...they charged me half price too".... :doh: .... Dear hubby says well that's just great, what about the rest of us?.....and then the old man says "Well because I like mince meat, nobody else does though".....Grrrrrr he is selfish and cheap!

Are you saying the pies were "Buy one and get one free" but he opted to take just one pie because it was half price? I mean, did the store allow him to buy one at half price instead of full price and taking two???? Yikes.

Personally, I am making a pumpkin pie and an apple pie from scratch. Pies have become my holiday tradition. My father feels his mashed potatoes are special so he will actually be making a batch at his house and bringing them to dinner. Mom is making her kiebasi and sauerkraut (yeah I know it's Thanksgiving) and Sis is making a taco salad (yeah i know it's Thanksgiving) and stuffed mushrooms.

We're just doing the traditional stuff plus stuffed mushrooms and a squash casserole.

The kids like to make those so has addied them to the menu for the last couple of years :D

Laurie, your father in-law sounds like a real winner :laughing: No insult intended of course ;)

Edited by Guest