The Songfactors' Choice Top Ten #126

• Replies 164
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I'll take up Darryl's suggestion of one 50s and one 90s nomination:

Heartbeat - Buddy Holly (1958)

Good Friday - The Black Crowes (1996)

Chris, you might want to rethink Heartbeat. I nominated it in TT118 and I was the only one to vote for it. :P

Also Mate, I got confused. I know lots of 90s songs (I was thinking 2000) but not that one. I'll have a listen to it though. :)

And Muzik, Polk Salad Annie didn't do very well for me in TT83.

Better luck with it this time. :)

I'll take up Darryl's suggestion of one 50s and one 90s nomination:

Heartbeat - Buddy Holly (1958)

Good Friday - The Black Crowes (1996)

There have been several great nominations already, plus several I have to listen to regardless of my internet situation. :crazy:

I'll make that a double: with a duo each from the 50's and 90's

Wake Up Little Susie-Everly Brothers (1957)

Truly Madly Deeply-Savage Garden (1997)

I'm not sure if I actually suggested that Jeff. :) I'm going with 70s (just) and 80s songs this week, but the 50s will certainly figure in my vote.

Apeman - THe Kinks (1970)

Stop Draggin' My Heart Around - Stevie Nicks with Tom Petty & The Heartbreakers (1981)

JUST a quick visit (on my son's computer). I didn't see that Mindcrime had nominated a Tom Petty song already, so I'll keep 'Stop Draggin...' till next week and replace it tomorrow.

:sleepy:

Edited by Guest
Tom Petty

I nominated this just a couple weeks ago, so I guess I could vote for it again

Oh! I see you nominated Never There in TT #123.

It got my third place right behind my own nominations that time, but finished up in the middle of the pack.

Better than when I tried Cake's Short Skirt / Long Jacket . [smaller] (2001) [/smaller]. way back in #43. It wound up with just thirteen points.

Cheers Lars. Great List, but the ones I haven't heard outnumber the ones I have! 'Most Exclusive Redidence For Sale' is a good one. I had a single of that in the 60s by a Group called Los Cincos. Never heard of them since.

:)

Fin, I changed the title of the UFO song in your original Post. :)

Catch you all later.

The Kinks are quite liked by the top tenners. Only Beatles, Stones and CCR have had more #1 songs!

You know why this is? Every time someone thinks to him/herself, "Maybe these grumbling youngsters have a point: The Beatles and The Stones dominate the Tens too much...it gets a little boring, I really must nominate something different this time...I know: I'LL NOMINATE THE KINKS!"