Top 10 Cocaine Songs Of All Time

Farin

from Listverse.com

Cocaine has had a significant impact on popular music. While booze is far more likely to result in sloppy work and an unsightly beer gut in middle age, coke leaves you wired enough to ensure that you will produce a whole lot of something, and thus ups the odds that you will actually produce something good.

Keith Richards may have fallen out of a tree in Fiji while out of his gourd on other than vitamin supplements, but he is what rock n’ roll is all about: debauchery. And, while a sober Eric Clapton was quoted as saying, “I hate listening to my old records, which I did stoned or drunk,†he’s alone in that camp as most fans of his music hate listening to anything that he’s done straight.

Keith Richards’ entire career, Neil Young’s coked out performance at “The Last Waltzâ€, Stevie Nicks having built up such a tolerance to cocaine that she had to have it blown up her rectum to get a high (this never happened, apparently, but is nonetheless one of the more entertaining urban legends), cocaine use is an integral part of the rock-star lifestyle. It’s what young boys dream about: One day, if I practice enough and work on perfecting my skills as a singer-songwriter, I too will be able to snort cocaine off of the breasts of a vacant-eyed stripper whose name I’ll forget before I’m back on the tour bus and liquidating a savings account by mobile phone to settle debts with unsavory characters.

Here we have compiled a list of the Top 10 Cocaine Songs of all time — songs about, influenced by, and more than likely written on clouds of Peruvian marching powder:

Top 10 Cocaine Songs Of All Time

Heaven forbid a rap should be considered a song, but the first one I thought of was White Lines by Grandmaster Flash.

Ticket to ride, white line highway

Tell all your friends, they can go my way

Pay your toll, sell your soul

Pound for pound costs more than gold

The longer you stay, the more you pay

My white lines go a long way

Either up your nose or through your vein

With nothin' to gain except killin' your brain.

The video

• 1 month later...

It may just be plain ol' marijuana though... that's more of a 'drug buddy' kinda drug. It's more likely to have "leftovers" (there's still some of the same stuff we got yesterday) and also more likely to induce feelings of "I love... my drug buddy."

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...