These guys get props for having so much soul:

Ben Folds

Elton John

Bob Seger

Billy Joel

Rick Wakeman

Herbie Hancock, who was pretty innovative too

And for technical skill and innovation:

Keith Emerson (to me, the most talented man to ever lay hands on a synthesizer)

Jordan Rudess

And of course, the guy who, for me at least, started bringing true emotion into music, Ludwig von Beethoven

And I don't really listen to Jazz religiously, but I've heard some amazing Jazz pianists. I think Diana Krall is pretty good.

So go ahead and tell me who you guys think should be included!

Thats true on both counts. I love Waters' lyrics but from what I've read about him over the years he's a real jerk.And judging by the interviews I've seen they're right.

I also loved what Rick put into the group regardless of what Mr Waters may have thought and said.

Yeah I agree whole heartedly. If I could meet anyone from Pink Floyd, it would be Rick. I wanted to meet Syd really bad, and I was in Cambridge three days before he died, I looked for him but didn't know. Some drunk vagrant who accosted me was telling me he'd ride through the campus in a motorized wheelchair frequently. But then he also told me that the people selling magazines were all conspirators trying to run him out of business.

And on the topic of Rick Wright, he certainly wasn't a Keith Emerson or even a Rick Wakeman but as I've said before, Pink Floyd's greatness isn't in virtuoso playing. Wright's skill and musicality were more than adequate for the group and him featuring less on Floyd albums later in the seventies is really tragic. Some of his earlier work- on Ummagumma, DSotM- is great.

Nah, Leavell played with the Allman Bros during the 70's, and then with the Stones from about '81 on...and still plays with them until this day.

I believe that is the late, great Billy Preston that plays the organ on "I Got The Blues" (in fact, I'm willing to bet the house on it). Ian Stewart (the sixth Stone) and Nicky Hopkins also played piano/keyboards on that album. But the organ on that song is trademark Preston, man!

:afro: :afro: :afro: :rockon: :rockon: :rockon:

I believe that is the late, great Billy Preston that plays the organ on "I Got The Blues" (in fact, I'm willing to bet the house on it). Ian Stewart (the sixth Stone) and Nicky Hopkins also played piano/keyboards on that album. But the organ on that song is trademark Preston, man!

:afro: :afro: :afro: :rockon: :rockon: :rockon:

:bow: :bow: :bow:

Ray Manzarek! :rockon:

:bow: :bow: :bow:

The guy who played with The Cars, Greg Hawkes.

Of course, Wright, Wakeman and Emerson.

But also Jon Lord (Deep Purple), Alan Price (The Animals) and Brian Eno.