Announcements

edna

Just in case sme of you haven't had the opportunity, or like me, you have your favorites set to go straight to the message boards, and don't often see the main page, I'd like to post a bit of a plug here, that comes straight from...well me! ;)

Here's a bit of an update for you all, an item of interest that everyone ought to check out....

The Songfacts Store

When you click that link you'll find the great Soundtrack albums that:

Farin (Pulp Fiction)

The Lizard (Almost Famous)

Laurie (Forrest Gump)

Elvish (A Hard Day's Night) and

Edna (Grease)

Suggested for this first edition of the new Songfactor's Music of Choice, on the feature page of the New Songfacts Store. Don't stop there! Check all the other links as well. You'll find links to The Best Soundtracks/Scores ever released (which I'm happy to say features many of the nominations of our members), as well as a treasure trove of other selected items.

Furthermore, if you click on the Songfacts Store link, you'll find fantastic albums, all handpicked from the great reviews we get from you, the members of Songfacts, in our Album Reviews Forum.

This is well on it's way to becoming a very exciting feature for our favorite website, and it's all due to the contributions of you, the members of Songfacts! Remember, even if you choose not to nominate, everyone is always encouraged to vote, and select The Songfactor's Music of Choice! ;)

I really promise not to make a habit of this... ;)

You tellin' me?

My sweet child, many a'morn I fried spam with eggs:

. . . and loved it. And, it does make one hell of a samich fried up w/melted cheddar,mayonnaise, pepper and lightly toasted sesame seed bun . . .

Unless you told them, they'd never know they were eating shoulder flesh.

The idiocy is a lot of people will eat ham but not spam.

I guess they like eating butt more.

"Hey, how 'bout a nice slice of pig's ass?

"Yeah, you bet!"

"Okay, now, how 'bout a slice of Spam?"

"Spam? I'd die before I ate that!"

You tellin' me?

My sweet child, many a'morn I fried spam with eggs:

. . . and loved it. And, it does make one hell of a samich fried up w/melted cheddar,mayonnaise, pepper and lightly toasted sesame seed bun . . .

Unless you told them, they'd never know they were eating shoulder flesh.

The idiocy is a lot of people will eat ham but not spam.

I guess they like eating butt more.

"Hey, how 'bout a nice slice of pig's ass?

"Yeah, you bet!"

"Okay, now, how 'bout a slice of Spam?"

"Spam? I'd die before I ate that!"

:laughing: :bow:

Here in Kentucky we have what's called "country ham". It's a cured ham that is either sugar cured or salt cured and sometimes it is aged two years. When you go to a deli here and you order ham,they sometimes ask,"you want country ham or city ham?" I always take the city ham because I never developed the taste for the country. Plus if it's the salt cured variety,it leaves you so thirsty you end up drinking gallons of water.

I absolutely love Country Ham! My mom used to get one for the whole family, and ship them to everyone, no matter what state they lived in, every Christmas. Country ham, red eye gravy, and biscuits to sop it all up with. Dang, I wish I had some right now! :)

I absolutely love Country Ham! My mom used to get one for the whole family, and ship them to everyone, no matter what state they lived in, every Christmas. Country ham, red eye gravy, and biscuits to sop it all up with. Dang, I wish I had some right now! :)

You can have my share because I can't stand the stuff. My Dad loves it but he never liked the red eye gravy. Instead my Mom would make,I guess you call it white flour gravy,made from the drippings of the country ham having been fried. Now that I liked. :P

Mashed patatas and corn on the side with buttermilk biscuits? Deal me innnnnnnnnnnn!

UJ, you sounded like Grandpa Jones on Hee Haw. Remember, he'd be cleaning the window (without any glass), the gang would yell out "Hey Grandpa, what's for supper?". He would do his own little countrified rap version of that night's fixin's ...man, Joe, thank God we're country boys.