Be afraid... be very afraid

Levis

[big]Report: Iran Less Than 10 Years Away From 2016[/big]

[smallest]August 8, 2007[/smallest]

WASHINGTON, DC—According to an alarming new Department of Defense report combining civilian, military, and calendric evidence, Iran may be as few as nine years away from the year 2016.

"Every day they get one day closer," Defense Secretary Robert Gates said during a White House press conference Tuesday. "At the rate they're going, they will reach 2016 at the same time as the United States—and given their geographic position relative to the international date line, possibly even sooner."

The report recommended that the U.S. engage in bellicose international posturing, careless brinksmanship, and an eventual overwhelming series of nuclear strikes in order to prevent Iran from reaching this milestone.

[smallest]link [/smallest]

Our government didn't actually report that, it's from the Onion, a satirical news site. So yes, it is really funny, the Onion usually is, but not at all true. Well, it is true that Iran is going to reach 2016 before us. Oh crap, now I'm scared. Time to stock up on bread and toilet paper.

But , edna - who do you think is feeding this campaign v.s. Iran ? It's the Isreali lobby - they have the only nuclear deterant in the area and do not want to have it put in check . Even were Iran to get a few nukes , Isreal has hundreds ( more than Britain or France likely ) . Unless a purely mad government were to exist in Iran ( I don't believe that is so ) , they clearly know that they would be wiped out too . Zero sum game . As well , nearly all Palestinians living in the area would die , defeating the whole purpose ( if there ever was one ) .

To deny Iran peaceful nuclear capacity ( and yes , potentially dangerous ) while the Big 5 work on their next generation of missles and power sources smacks of hypocrisy and racism . Better to bring them into the club , and let the IAEA watch over them than have politicos , CNN , etc , fire off more uninformed doom and gloom warnings for all and rattle the sabres of war .

Oh, I know nothing about lobbys or so... I just have peaceful relatives living in israel and a couple of peaceful friends living in palestine.

And anyways, any of yo would feel safe knowing Iran and fanatic islamist groups have weapons enough to destroy a stations, buildings, airports, part of a town, etc? I never think of that possibility but if I could choose, I´d choose Iran, Irak and all the Islamic fanatic Countries NOT to have nuclear weapons.

Well , then vote Bush's successor in 2008 ; or tell your friends to then . Why is the Middle East better off with only Isreali nuclear deterrance ? Can they not refuse every negotiation knowing that they needn't ever give up anything ?!

Why is the Middle East better off with only Isreali nuclear deterrance ?

Because Israel terrorist don´t put bombs all over the world and kidnapp tourists and etc, Kevin. :shades:

I wish those weapons didn´t exist, but as they do, I wish at least it´s not in the hands of crazy bleepholes desptroying every single soul who doesn´t believe in their god. Not that I care for the jews or the christian gods or whatever, but at least they don´t go through life killing people in the name of allah, buddah, christ, god, jehova, keith richards, etc...

Edited by Guest

Ahmadinejad is merely the president of Iran - he has no real power whether or not to fire of nukes , etc. That's up to the theocracy that really runs the place , currently . He's great ' anti-West PR ' , but he can't do a damn thing - other than fix roads , make jobs , etc . If he fails at that , just watch the public attention turn against an Islamist party and turn to something with a sense of economics . Hamas , in Gaza , is in the same boat now . Either put up or shut up . You can't honestly believe that everyone in the above places is willing to die for their current governments , can you ?! Watch them fail -democratically - and someone less focused on the outside come in really is the best way . It's democracy - right ?!

PS : Mossad does what it feels is best for Isreal - regardless of the warnings or concerns of it's allies . They couldn't care less .

"The best attitude for Isreal is to act , at all times , like a mad dog . " - Moshe Dyan .

Because Israel terrorist don´t put bombs all over the world and kidnapp tourists and etc, Kevin. :shades:

I wish those weapons didn´t exist, but as they do, I wish at least it´s not in the hands of crazy bleepholes desptroying every single soul who doesn´t believe in their god. Not that I care for the jews or the christian gods or whatever, but at least they don´t go through life killing people in the name of allah, buddah, christ, god, jehova, keith richards, etc...

They no longer , fortunately , have to . Check the years leading up to 1948 if you want to see nasty Isreali terrorism , though .

Yes, in Palestine. There is a war ever since. But they wouldn´t -again- destroy a theater in Russia because Russians supported the Arabs. The only things they did outside their space was kidnapping a nazi in Buenos Aires to have him judged.

I mean that ugly bad israeli terrorists make their war at home. They don´t crash planes in American buildings nor bomb British buses or Spanish train stations. Thety don´t threaten humanity with videos nor cut throats of foreign journalists.

Kevin, you know what I mean and you know we agree... :shades: Why are we discussing this? Too good my boss isn´t here so I can post with some calm... ;)