It's mijovi, yourjovi, hisjovi, bonjovi

RonJonSurfer

Bon Jovi Demands Energy Drink Change Their Name

Jon Bon Jovi thinks the drink Mijovi bears too much similarity to his own name.

Rocker Jon Bon Jovi is threatening legal action against the makers of energy drink Mijovi - because he thinks the beverage bears too much similarity to his own name.

Marcos Carrington launched the coffee-based product in 2004 and claims he was inspired to name the drink Mijovi after his girlfriend Jovita.

But the singer is demanding Carrington change the product label - which is also marketed using the slogans "itsmijovi" and "itsmilife" - or face a court battle.

In a recent letter to Carrington, Bon Jovi's lawyer Peter Laird says, "As you should be aware, one of Bon Jovi's most popular songs is entitled 'It's My Life.'"

"We hereby demand that you immediately cease and desist all further use of the name Mijovi and It's My Life."

Carrington has since agreed to stop the use of "itsmilife" in his marketing campaigns, but protests: "It is just unfair. (itsmilife) means it's my jovial life."

"It is unfair because Mijovi has nothing to do with Bon Jovi."

Nope, it's that dread disease, "Creeping Corporatitis," formerly restricted to accountants and CEOs. These days, this variant of Beacounteritis has spread it's noxious tentacles everywhere. Formerly called "Gittin' too big for yer britches." (Not to be confused with "I can't fit into my old blue jeans anymore" obesity blues.) :sleepy: