The Songfactor's Choice Top Ten #65

WELCOME TO THE SONGFACTORS' CHOICE TOP TEN #65

"WHAT DO I HAVE TO DO", YOU ASK ?

IT'S EASY! :)

- Simply nominate two songs from 1950 on that weren't in a previous Top Ten.

Click here to find out ------> Every song that's made the previous Top Tens

- When nominations close, choose your Ten favourite songs out of all Nominations.

We'll give 10 points for #1, 9 for #2 etc. and compile the Top Ten from them.

NOMINATE AWAY NOW ! ! :)

:headphones:

• Replies 223
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

How about a top ten with no renominations and you have to think of some new song selections...

I think we've already been through that before. That would require the creation of a list of every song that's ever been nominated, which is about 2500 songs. Also, everyone will have to peruse that list carefully before nominating. I don't think anyone is willing to do that. ;):P

I nominate-

1. Adam Ant-Strip

2. The Grateful Dead-Box of Rain

Laurie, if you hadn't stole Sundown, I'd nominate that too!

And same here with "Box Of Rain"...good choice :thumbsup:

If anyone can find a good audio for Sundown, I'd appreciate it... :P

Edited by Guest

I think we've already been through that before. That would require the creation of a list of every song that's ever been nominated, which is about 2500 songs. Also, everyone will have to peruse that list carefully before nominating. I don't think anyone is willing to do that. ;):P

I'm just sick and tired of seeing the SAME songs week after week. There's thousands ----> tens of thousands of songs to choose from... I would like to see fresh, succulent nominations each week, not the same old stale nominations.

A quick search of the archives (using the find function) is all that's neccesary. I do it every week.

Just on bluesboy's "NO Renominations Top Ten" suggestion, I for one don't know how to use the 'Find' function, but I'm not very computer literate.

Our Official Statistician, Dappled, has said that he would certainly prepare a List of renominations for a Top Ten like that. He'll be on vacation around the same time as me, so perhaps we can look at it sometime down the track.

We know that many of you don't like restrictions of any kind in the nominations. However, we are always open to suggestions and give each one serious consideration. The practicality of a suggestion is the main point we consider. Some we just don't adopt, because we don't want to 'over-complicate' things.

:P

to compile such a list is no problem (it would only require a bit time), I can do that too,

but I fear I have to agree with Chris on that most people wouldn't want to go through 2500 songs to see if their song was already nominated once... :P

of course bluesboy is right that it wouldn't be such an effort with the search function of our browsers...