What sweetens your coffee today II

Henry David

Teaseing drunks at three in the morning! Those F**kers don't know what hit them! tee hee..

Is it suddenly ok to use this kind of language in SF? I see it in several threads these days :stars: I thought the shoutbox was bad but I guess it just goes from bad to worse.

I've seen people get threatened with banning for less then that.

Very inappropriate Blue Fish :P

Edited by Guest

Last night, Diana and I went to an intimate corporate theatre (holds about 200 in great cushy seats facing a functionally sophisticated stage) and saw Leny Andrade. She is touring the world this year in celebration of the 50th anniversary of the advent of Bossa Nova. She was one of the pioneers of the then new fusion of Jazz and Samba that was taking place in Brazil while do-wop and rock-a-billy were fusing to form R&R in the states.

Leny was great! She has a rather low register range that puts one in mind of Della Reese, with the "scat" capabilities of Ella Fitzgerald, adding appropriate spice to lyrics. Her backing trio (bass, drums, piano) were cooking perfectly in sync and could be seen smiling knowingly to one another all evening as they knew they were nailing every song of a 10 song set with standing O encore. I just love those layered rhythms found in Bossa Nova, where a solo singer's voice becomes another instrument to compliment the standard musicians' work. Last night reminded me of why I have had this love affair. Wow!

Ron, that sounds like a fantastic and cozy concert. I'd loved to have been there.

I'm a big fan of Jazz Samba/Bossa Nova ever since I first heard the Stan Getz/Charlie Byrd Album titled Jazz Samba. I've been adding to my collection ever since.

Have you ever heard Oscar Peterson's version of Wave? I'm listening to it right now on Pandora.