What sweetens your coffee today II

Henry David

I am going home to be the head grillmaster for a party my daughter is having. 17 high school kids are coming over to be stuffed with only the healthiest burgers and hot dogs...not to mention chips and other assorted artery cloggers.

It is a beautiful summer day here and I'm outta here...goodnight kids.

I am going home to be the head grillmaster for a party my daughter is having. 17 high school kids are coming over to be stuffed with only the healthiest burgers and hot dogs...not to mention chips and other assorted artery cloggers.

It is a beautiful summer day here and I'm outta here...goodnight kids.

Made me smile too because my daddy was head grillmaster at my birthday party last weekend. Except he had a pack of drunken 20-somethings to contend with instead of the teenagers :laughing:

Made me smile too because my daddy was head grillmaster at my birthday party last weekend. Except he had a pack of drunken 20-somethings to contend with instead of the teenagers :laughing:

This crew ranged from High School freshmen to Juniors...so no drinking on my dime....however, overhearing their conversations made me want to down a few.

Three weeks... :P Are you still working or you´re on holidays? :)

I had lunch at my brother´s place today, he was making some movie in Buenos Aires and met lots of his school mates there... my brother is only two years younger than I and we went to the same school, so we all know each other...it´s amazing, people we grew up with, people we knew when we were 3, 5, 6 years old... :)

Then I came home and found an invitation to join the Facebook group from my school mates... this one comes from France but anyways, we are a cool group of people speaking half French half Spanish... :cool:

The bad part is that I can´t Facebook on old mac, I must wait until my husband and his friend fix the PC...

It's funny. After the 5th, 10th and 15th year reunions I no longer felt the urge to reune. I felt I no longer had much in common with most of the others (aside from the ones with whom I hold current relationships). We're in different worlds. I prefer my memories over today's reality of my classmates from over 40 years ago.

Edited by Guest
Corrected a typo.

Interesting insight, Joe. I felt the opposite at my reunions. It seemed the older we all became, the more the segmented barriers of my school class were removed and we became more homogenous through shared experiences and the effects of time. While in school, there were cliques and labels and groups and shutting out some and acceptance of others based on arbitrary values. But, at my 35th (wow) reunion, almost everyone mingled and reached out to one another with genuine interest in life path recollections.

Well, it might seem easier for you, Joe, because you were born and raised more or less in the same area... :) and you already met your school mates... but I had not seen my school mates since 1973... (well, some of them since... 1985 or so) I still didn´t meet them all... I just saw a couple of them. So that´s 35 years... lots of stories to tell... :) and we all live in different places: one is an artists in Buenos Aires, one is me, another one is a millionaire in Switzerland, the other is a banker in Paris, one lives in Brezil, another one is a Rabi in New York... and so on.

It´s cool at the first time.

I no longer felt the urge to reune.

is that a word? :laughing:

I never had that urge, either... ever. Although I did do it, at our 20 year. And it was horrible. The people in charge of that reunion should have been fired on the spot. It was just a very poorly planned and executed event. And I doubt I'll be attending my 30th...

Like Joe said, the folks I have the desire to keep in touch with, I currently keep in touch with. The others were not good friends in school, so why bother. :crazy: