What grinds your gears then?

Henry David

• Replies 7.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

this is my opinion on the matter - you are 17, you should be having the time of your life, out having fun with your friends, not sitting at home crying over some guy who has the indecency to stand you up three times!! i would be hard pressed to give a guy a second chance, forget about a third and fourth! i understand that your feelings for him are intense and you've probably never felt this way before. but this guy is obviously not 'the one' for you. if you can't rely on him to show up for a date at this stage, how are you supposed to rely on him to love, support and cherish you later on? don't waste your time on this loser - he's clearly not worth the heartache!

argh communication - why can't my family just communicate directly with one another instead of all this 'she says that he said that they said...' bull!!! if you want to say something, just say it! don't beat around the bush. don't sugarcoat it in a joke, half in jest, whole in earnest. don't send the message through the grapevine. how many more clichéd idiomatic expressions can i use in this post?! seriously though, i don't understand why people can't just be straight with one another - it's wrecking my head!!!

I hear you loud and clear, Gis. I hate when people try to talk around the subject. Although I do try to have a good bedside manner about it, I'm usually pretty blunt. I don't like for people to try and "interpret" what I mean. No interpretation needed. Just listen.

Exactly ! How cool would that be : cruisin' around Japan in a vintage and pretty unique ( here ) car or be just another shlump on the road ! However , as far as making executive decisions - unfortunately I'm still working my way up from the mail room ... :P

My wife . She needs to buy a new car this year and is considering a Toyota Prius ( UGLY ! ) , and refuses to even take a look at a sweet 1970 GTO I found in the next city over ! }:( Women !

Give her a fur coat, a ring and a mansion on the hill... and let her buy her new japanese car with her own money... but buy that 1970 GTO for yourself... :cool:

Give her a fur coat,

Wow, Edna... you have succeeded in completely flooring me with this... fur looks good on the animal that originally possessed it, and nothing else.

I realize that you were probably speaking in jest, but it just shocked me, coming from you... :crazy:

Oh, of course I was joking, Shawna... each time I look at my cats I wonder how could I ever wear a fur coat?? :doh: :doh: Yes, I did, when I was young, rich and stupid... :P but that was 20 years ago... :cool: Now they make some amazing false fur coats...

Summer school starts tomorrow. I'm excited to be going again, because I really enjoy it. But I hate that I have to be there 1/2 earlier than even the spring semester, which was too early anyway. This is going to cause me to haul my carcass out of bed at 5:45 a.m. I'll need a sh*t can reveille to accomplish that.