Sign in to follow this  
MoonBeach03

Clapton? Anyone attending?

no, it's not too bad, I guess, especially if the concert is important

it's roughly 3-4 hours to Berlin and another one through it (depending where it is and on traffic), sometimes there are good train connections...

what I wanted to say was, that we have a perfectly good concert site here and some good concerts too, but just not the really big acts, you know?

I would love to see Clapton on this tour but for some reason he has not booked any dates in Ohio and with his wife being from Columbus and the fact he was there just a few weeks ago and made a surprise appearance with Jimmie Vaughn before the Dylan concert I don't know why he isn't coming to OHIO!!!!!!!!!!!!! Grrrrrrr!!! }:(

He's not human. He can't be. A human can not make a guitar sing like he can. He opened up with a bluesy set that I didn't recognize, but got the crowd going. Then he went into an amazingly beautiful version of Hendrix's "Little Wing" that made me cry. The acoustic set in the middle was also incredible. Most of the set seemed to center around his Derek and the Dominoes days, including "Layla" and one of my favorite Dominoes songs, "Why Does Love Got To Be So Sad?". The encore consisted of "Cocaine" and one of my favorite songs of all time, "Crossroads". The other two guitarists held their own beside Clapton. Derek Trucks is one of the greatest slide guitarists I've ever seen. All in all, another brilliant concert. Up next, The Who! :cool: :rockon:

Then he went into an amazingly beautiful version of Hendrix's "Little Wing" that made me cry

Wow, looks like you´ve been blessed with a great time, Tim... :cool: My fave Clapton performance is Hendrix´ "Little Wing" :bow: I just adore that song and how he plays it...