The Secret Language of Relationships

Shawna

Okay, I'll play: April 30 and November 1 (practically polar opposites, calendar-wise and in many other ways :grin:)

April 25-May 2 ~ The Week of Manifestation (Taurus I) / October 26-November 2 ~ The Week of Intensity (Scorpio I)

Strengths: Expressive

Trusting

Ecstatic

Weaknesses: Controlling

Destructive

Rebellious

Best Relationship: Love

Worst Relationship: Parent-Child

“Running the Gamutâ€

Opposites attract – and how! Since Taurus I and Scorpio I are 180º apart in the zodiac, it is not surprising that a strong magnetic pull should be present here. And this initial attraction is nothing compared to the energies that can be generated, both for the good and the bad, once the relationship gets moving. Indeed this matchup runs the full gamut of expressiveness, from the most brilliant to the most passionate. Yet these are quintessentially fixed personalities, and their synergetic melding presents a solid and formidable exterior to the world. In short this can be an unbeatable combination, at work, on the playing field or in a family or social group.

Should these two fall deeply in love, they are likely to soar to the heights of physical sensation and sexual ecstasy, but they must beware of getting stuck there. Their passion can also be the prelude for spiritual forays, but they too often get mired in issues of possession and control, codependency and love addiction. Destructiveness can climb unacceptably here, with the relationship being rocked or torn apart by fierce battles for supremacy. Indeed the relationship’s karma often seems to demand going this far before such conflicts can be finally resolved.

Taurus I-Scorpio I marriages don’t usually do well if they grow from such love affairs. They have a better chance of success when they evolve out of friendships, where the bonds of trust, respect and tenderness that are so valuable in marriage can form in a less competitive context. Indeed friendships in this combination can be very close, approaching a true marriage of hearts and minds.

In the family, and especially in parent-child matchups, either possible arrangement of these two personalities will yield caring, protective and nurturing relationships, but also overprotective and controlling ones. Alas, the way out usually lies in the direction of rejection, rebellion or both.

Taken from “The Secret Language of Relationships†by Gary Goldschneider and Joost Elffers.

Shawna can you do mine?

Aug 11 (mine) and July 27 (hubbys)

July 26-August 2 ~ The Week of Authority (Leo I) / August 11-August 18 ~ The Week of Leadership (Leo III)

Strengths: Unswerving

Dedicated

Loyal

Weaknesses: Bossy

Insensitive

Dominating

Best Relationship: Family

Worst Relationship: Marriage

“Dauntless Self-Confidenceâ€

This relationship is outstanding for initiating and taking control of group projects and endeavors. Its focus is often a professional or social organization or activity that the partners head up. The striking attribute of the matchup is its ability to lend balance and harmony to a wide variety of endeavors. These two often achieve such balance through their physical presence, accompanied by solid intuition and dauntless self-confidence. Loyalty and unswerving dedication to a cause in the face of monumental obstacles are characteristic here.

Marital and love relationships are a bit tricky. In fact, the most intriguing and fulfilling of these may be hidden affairs, which arouse a wide spectrum of feeling and expression. Such clandestine relationships may go on for years, and can help both partners get through difficult times they are having with other people. Friendships allow emotions to be more openly expressed, without fear of censure; indeed, Leo I and Leo III friends usually display outstanding loyalty and devotion.

Families are usually fortunate to have a Leo I-Leo III pair to take control in times of emergency or loss. Such couples are also remarkably good at organizing celebrations and holidays but must beware of being bossy or insensitive. Age differences between these two in no way prohibit their adopting such roles together, and in fact can prove beneficial in bridging generation gaps.

Work and career connections between Leo I’s and Leo III’s are often idealistic in nature. A prevailing shared ideology will act as the motor, driving the couple’s unflagging physical activity and granting them solace during periods of discouragement. Financial success is by no means ruled out, but the principal interest here is not usually monetary. Although both Leo I’s and Leo III’s are usually dominating personalities who like to wield power exclusively, they are remarkably compatible in a dual-leadership role. Sharing duties and responsibilities without strife or resentment is a special talent of this matchup.

Taken from “The Secret Language of Relationships†by Gary Goldschneider and Joost Elffers.

if don't mind, can you do mine too? i'm 20th july and he is 23rd of march . poor shawna, if you can't be bothered, i'll understand!

Rachel, didn't we have this "can't be bothered" conversation a while back? :grin:

March 19-March 24 ~ The Cusp of Rebirth (Pisces-Aries Cusp) / July 19-July 25 ~ The Cusp of Oscillation (Cancer-Leo Cusp)

Strengths: Communicative

Loving

Empathic

Weaknesses: Promiscuous

Jealous

Impractical

Best Relationship: Love

Worst Relationship: Work

“Tuned Inâ€

This can be an exciting and deeply personal relationship, focused on being oneself and expressing highly individual emotions. Both partners bring to it the gifts of intuition, passion and empathy, qualities associated with the relationship’s dominant elements, fire (Aries and Leo) and water (Pisces and Cancer). In combination, these gifts reinforce each other, and the relationship further contributes to them with a high degree of mental and physical compatibility. The matchup, then, is marked by easy communication and sensuous enjoyment. It will never place undue demands on its partners, since there will always be a free and easy exchange between them. Neither will ever have to make excuses for their behavior or to suppress their basic instincts.

This combination’s easygoing nature will make any type of relationship involving it likely to succeed, including work or business. On balance, though, it is best suited to love and friendship. Pisces-Aries – Cancer-Leo lovers generally feel good about their relationship and are for the most part satisfied. They have a silent enjoyment and understanding of each other – they are on the same wavelength. Here just a look tells the whole story. In such a relationship, love and affection may be expressed in an easy way, without overt displays of emotion or a need to impress others. Marriage can be successful, too, as long as a stable financial and emotional foundation is established. Providing this kind of security will take some work, and both partners may have to give up some individual freedom and set some limits on their impulsiveness. In the family, the empathy between these two favors both parent-child and sibling pairing.

Pisces-Aries and Cancer-Leos must be careful, however, not to give up too many of their individual prerogatives, particularly when it comes to other people. They have a need and a desire to share with each other, and they may well be open enough to share a circle of mutual friends. It is also possible, however, that jealousy and possessiveness may surface as undermining factors. Putting their relationship first while also keeping certain areas of their lives private and exclusive will provide the needed stability.