The Secret Language of Relationships

Shawna

By the same authors as "The Secret Language of Birthdays" this book gives an inside glimpse of what relationships between two people born on certain days are probably like. Again, it nails Brad and me on the head, so I'll post ours and will be more than happy to post yours if you send me the birthdays of both you and the person you're wondering about.

Note: It covers all relationships - not just romantic ones, so you can find out about sibling/co-workers/parent-child, etc.

This is for me and Brad... and it's pretty dead-on.

June 25-July 2 – The Week of the Empath/October 26-November 2 – The Week of Intensity

Setting Parameters

Strengths: Striving

Feeling

Sexual

Weaknesses: Complex

Struggling

Ill-Defined

Best Relationship: Love

Worst Relationship: Friendship

Although traditional astrology predicts an easy relationship here, because of a trine aspect (Cancer I and Scorpio I are 120 degrees apart in the zodiac), this relationship is apt to be pretty complex emotionally. Its great challenge is to build bridges of verbal communication and to set parameters within which meaningful contact can take place. Cancer I’s favor unplanned interactions, wanting as much breathing space as possible, while Scorpio I’s push for rules and regulations that will guarantee them control. Power struggles are almost certain here, then, and will threaten the relationship’s security if allowed to get out of hand. Patient diplomacy, compromise and discussion will be essential if this is to be forestalled.

Love affairs go deep here. Sexual bonds are likely to be passionate and long-lasting, and the partners’ emotional encounters will stir them both profoundly. Negative as well as positive feelings will emerge. Before one of these affairs proceeds on to marriage, it would behoove the pair to outline the role and responsibilities expected of each partner, establishing general guidelines to guarantee the relationship a structural basis.

Cancer I-Scorpio I friendships can be close but are difficult to maintain. The partners are unlikely to see the necessity for creating guidelines for their interactions, let alone agreeing on them. Scorpio I’s may also be suspicious of Cancer I motives (which they find dubious) and actions (which they see as sneaky). Cancer I’s are likely to view Scorpio I’s as overly moral control freaks. The result of all this is often a sort of on-again off-again relationship.

In no area are Cancer I-Scorpio I relations as complex as in the parent-child sphere. No matter which party is the parent, the child may be bewildered by an interesting mix of spoiling and high expectation. Emotional manipulation, love, resentment, kindness and a host of other feelings are likely to intermingle and blur at the edges. Cancer I-Scorpio I co-workers can get along well when their tasks are well defined.

Taken from "The Secret Language of Relationships" by Gary Goldschneider and Joost Elffers

okay my birthday is Sept 4th....Hubby's is Aug 26th

August 26-September 2 ~ The Week of System Builders (Virgo I) / September 3-September 10 ~ The Week of the Enigma (Virgo II)

Strengths: Professional

Hard Working

Satisfying

Weaknesses: Nervous

Withdrawn

Unyielding

Best Relationship: Marriage

Worst Relationship: Sibling

“Workaholic Tendenciesâ€

Both of these partners have a strong tendency to withdraw regularly from the world and to lead highly private personal lives. The synergy of their relationship magnifies this trait, making isolation almost a prerequisite for them at times. It’s not that they can’t be forceful and reliable in their professional worlds – far from it. It is simply that there is a split between their public and their private lives that must be rigorously observed. Their friends, for example, often come from their own professional strata, but their meetings with these people are usually subject to social rules that determine when and how often they can appropriately see ach other outside work.

Love affairs and marriages between Virgo I’s and Virgo II’s can be quietly emotional relationships in which feelings are expressed without a lot of fuss. Virgo I’s may be a little unprepared for Virgo II sexual tastes, but once they catch on the relationship can prove mutually satisfying. The couple tends to stay together through thick and thin. If breakups do occur, they can be extremely painful. Friendships and sibling matchups may suffer from hypersensitivity, nervousness and instability, since these partners do not have a stabilizing effect on each other emotionally.

Workaholic tendencies seem inevitable in the Virgo I-Virgo II professional relationships, but hard work is not the only norm here: these two usually get involved in projects they find interesting and absorbing in the extreme. Their relationship elevates their work to a position of primary importance, and their concentration on it is total. Virgo I’s often have a somewhat rigid insistence on doing things the proper way, and this can bother Virgo II’s, who enjoy doing things in their own strange manner. In truth, though, the irritation here is mutual, for this Virgo II trait can upset Virgo I’s no end – they will see it as unnecessary and wasteful. Yet both partners are careful, and together they can exert a beneficial braking influence on more impulsive types in a group or organization.

Taken from “The Secret Language of Relationships†by Gary Goldschneider and Joost Elffers.

Wow ! Thanks for offering to do these , Shawna . My wife is an even bigger 'believer ' than I am in them ...

April 19 ( me ) / April 22 (Wife )

April 19-April 24 ~ The Cusp of Power (Aries-Taurus Cusp) / April 19-April 24 ~ The Cusp of Power (Aries-Taurus Cusp)

Strengths: Respectful

Relaxing

Helpful

Weaknesses: Conflicting

Confronting

Power-Tripping

Best Relationship: Friendship

Worst Relationship: Marriage

"Lowering Your Guard"

Since the ability to lower their guard when in the company of someone like themselves is a great relief to both of these powerhouses, this relationship is likely to be fairly relaxed and comfortable – to a point. Curiously enough, these two strong-minded individuals often get along quite well, since they mutually respect each other and know that outright combat between them would be folly. Yet they rarely get involved with each other as lovers or mates. And if they do get married (slowly, deliberately and carefully), they are likely to lack the ability or the desire to share domestic, financial and familial power. A love affair between two Aries-Tauruses can be comforting, since they know what to expect from each other, but those born on the Cusp of Power are more attracted to, and more satisfied by, partners very different from themselves.

Friendships here can work well as long as they don’t demand daily contact. Shared activities, including just talking and updating each other on personal news, can be relaxing and fun for this pair. Two Aries-Tauruses can provide each other with mutual support and advice, but the relationship usually runs smoothest if they don’t do the same work or share the same expertise. They are likewise ill-advised to work together, a co-worker or business-partner relationship is likely to arouse conflict and even confrontation. These two can make formidable opponents and enemies if working for rival organizations, or as direct financial or business competitors. Such confrontations usually have only one winner.

As family members, whether in sibling or parent-child relationships, Aries-Tauruses are likely to engage in ongoing power struggles with each other unless they can work out a modus vivendi involving mutual respect and acceptance.

Taken from “The Secret Language of Relationships†by Gary Goldschneider and Joost Elffers.

i would love you to do it for me and my boy! my birthday is april 27th and his is october 21st. don't worry if it's too much trouble though!!

April 25-May 2 ~ The Week of Manifestation (Taurus I) / October 19-October 25 ~ The Cusp of Drama and Criticism (Libra-Scorpio Cusp)

Strengths: Conceptual

Money-Savvy

Aesthetic

Weaknesses: Damaging

Disruptive

Out of Synch

Worst Relationship: Love

“Conceptual Thoughtâ€

This relationship is very much at home in the world of ideas and ideologies. Both parties bring to it a bias toward the kind of conceptual though that is geared toward the pragmatic; this can be a powerful unifying force. Innovation can be a positive offshoot of the relationship, making it a good combination for business or group endeavors. In personal relationships with each other, these two are apt to find the relationship somewhat hard to pin down or define.

The relationship may well feature a sharing of intellectual and aesthetic interests, and Taurus I’s are likely to be in awe of Libra-Scorpio mental powers, and proud to be in a relationship that gives serious consideration to their own thoughts. But Libra-Scorpios are also likely to criticize or denigrate the ideas of Taurus I’s, who will take such attacks personally. This can cause great upset. In the romantic or marital sphere, somewhat similarly, Libra-Scorpios may move in passionate and ecstatic realms that leave a Taurus I partner behind, on the plane of physical sensation. And their energies, sometimes erupting cataclysmically out of control in the form of scathing or sarcastic commentary, can hurt, bewilder or even frighten more stolid and calm Taurus I’s who may retreat in confusion, or simply be immobilized in a state of shock. On the positive side, however, such relationships are likely to provide strong economic security, featuring good investments, strong earning patterns and shrewd use of funds on a daily basis.

The most successful possibility for this combination may be friendship, where many of the pair’s strengths can manifest without accompanying emotional turmoil. Since power struggles and sexual combat do not come into play here, the friendship may prove pleasurable, stable, psychologically supportive and intellectually interesting. In both the business and the family spheres, this duo can be a force for rationality and common sense. Its attitudes generally prove constructive and forward-looking. The relationship enhances the traditional side of both parties, who, particularly together, tend to promote values that have stood the test of time.

I probably should have added this little disclaimer at the beginning: This is all in fun! We know the stuff this book says is not carved in granite, so if it says things that you don't particularly like, then just don't worry about it... and don't take away my good karma!! :grin: It's not something to live our lives by. :)

Edited by Guest

When you have time, mine is Dec 19th and hubby´s June 18th.

June 11-June 18 ~ The Week of the Seeker (Gemini III) / December 19-December 25 The Cusp of Prophecy (Sagittarius-Capricorn Cusp)

Strengths: Enlightening

Opening

Telepathic

Weaknesses: Illusory

Frustrating

Isolating

Best Relationship: Love

Worst Relationship: Marriage

“A Wake-Up Callâ€

This relationship may involve revelatory, even transforming, experiences. After weeks, months or years of mutual involvement, the pair can undergo something like a Zen revelation in which a truth or realization comes in a flash, although usually only after long periods of struggle, and after they have given up expecting anything at all to happen. Since this kind of experience may be just what Gemini III’s and Sagittarius-Capricorns have been searching for all their lives, their relationship, a lightning rod for this sort of thing, should be of great value to them. Yet they often only sense the chemistry between them in retrospect. Ironically, then, the content of the revelation they experience is sometimes just what the relationship means to them, a discovery they frequently make too late.

Love affairs and friendships here are mutually beneficial. Gemini III’s bring Sagittarius-Capricorns out of their private world, encouraging a more positive and aggressive approach to life; Sagittarius-Capricorns help Genimi III’s to become more thoughtful and quiet. A love affair usually puts both partners in touch with themselves at a level previously denied to them, giving them a chance to become more fully alive to each other.

Marital and working relationships can last for years, and it is here that the experience of revelation is most apt to occur. It may come in the middle of a predictable or boring task, but once grasped it may change the partners’ outlook for good, ideally for the better. Should the pair experience an epiphany at the same instant, the relationship may lock in even a tighter bond. Such experiences should not be seen as illusory, harmful or isolating but as just the opposite: a reminder that these two are part of something much greater than themselves, something close to their fellow human beings and to Mother Earth.

Family members in this combination may well have psychic connections, first noticed when they sense each other’s thoughts or perhaps both start talking about the same subject at once. Such connections often appear in parent-child matchups, and also in Gemini III-Sagittarius-Capricorn siblings.

Taken from “The Secret Language of Relationships†by Gary Goldschneider and Joost Elffers

I'm March 25th and Mr. Peaches is May 30. Go ahead, tell us how happy we are! :grin:

March 25-April 2 ~ The Week of the Child (Aries I) / May 25-June 2 ~ The Week of Freedom (Gemini I)

Strengths: United

Protective

Fair

Weaknesses: Antisocial

Rebellious

Superficial

Worst Relationship: Work

“Guardians of the Downtroddenâ€

The emphasis in this combination is on action. Excitement is essential if a slump in the relationship is to be avoided, and excitement will usually reawaken dormant interests and slumbering energies. Both of these partners usually need to escape into life experiences rather than away from them, and both need a “twin†with whom to share such experiences. The importance that the relationship gives to what may seem to be external issues, particularly in matters of technique and quality, may lead others to see it as superficial and not terribly serious. Such judgments may ignore the fact that worldly interests do not necessarily preclude soulfulness or spirituality.

Aries I’s have the perfect blend of caution and courage to allow Genini I’s to have a good time and forget their troubles. In a Gemini I-Aries I friendship, no matter what the age difference, Aries I’s find themselves treated as equals – a vitally important requirement for them. Gemini I’s, for their part, cannot stand phoniness in any form and will find their Aries I partner unlikely to dissimulate.

Whether as friends, mates or lovers, Gemini I’s and Aries I’s in combination must be careful not to fall afoul of society or of the law. An extreme hankering for freedom and an uncompromising ethical stance may manifest as rebellion against any condition perceived as unjust or unfair. The result may be that outsiders view this couple as antisocial or even, in extreme cases, sociopathic, yet the relationship tends to work to protect the downtrodden and the weak. When spurred on to action by noble moral sentiments, this duo can have an awesome power.

May 24th and February 25th. (Pretty please.)

May 19-May 24 ~ The Cusp of Energy (Taurus-Gemini Cusp) / February 23-March 2 ~ The Week of Spirit (Pisces I)

Strengths: Scintillating

Witty

Sharing

Weaknesses: Oversensitive

Unrealistic

Drifting

Best Relationship: Parent-Child

Worst Relationship: Love

“Sparkling Exchangesâ€

This undeniably flamboyant relationship may focus on social or intellectual issues or on an area of shared interest. These two make a scintillating combination, full of wit, good humor and spirit. Pisces I’s have a tremendous need for the respect of Taurus-Geminis, who are similarly anxious to impress this partner with their achievements. Neither partner is likely to try to dominate the other, but an element of friendly competitiveness may be a constant.

More oriented toward thought than toward physicality, the matchup is not strongly suggested for love or marriage. Satisfactory platonic involvements are quite possible here, however, with sympathy and affection being openly expressed. Such relationships are characterized by interesting discussions and supportive attitudes.

Friendships have a bit more bite. Partners feel free to criticize each other and to indulge in amusing or insulting banter. Wit, irony, sarcasm and humor all vie for the ascendancy. These two may often be involved in an artistic endeavor, often featuring music, writing or design.

In family matchups, particularly father-son and mother-daughter, close sharing breaks down boundaries but can also result in drift and lack of direction. The partners’ involvement can become so total that both of them forget about practical matters like cooking dinner and paying the bills. Families will be enriched by this duo, but may tire of being forced to watch and listen to their sparkling exchanges.

Work relationships in this combination, particularly when the partners are executives or business partners, can work only if they acknowledge financial priorities and put their fiscal transactions firmly in the hands of the more capable member, usually Pisces I. Taurus-Gemini enthusiasm is sometimes likely to be highly unrealistic and damaging to any shared project, and it may be difficult for the Pisces I to explain the problem. On the other hand, Taurus-Geminis may grow tired of having to walk on eggs around sensitive Pisces I’s, who are liable to turn on their heel and exit when treated insultingly or uninterestedly.

Oh if you insist... 10 jan (me) & 3 sept (him) :D

And lots of good karma for you!

September 3-September 10 ~ The Week of the Enigma (Virgo II) / January 10-January 16 ~ The Week of Dominance (Capricorn III)

Strengths: Tough

Imaginative

Natural

Weaknesses: Stressful

Disagreeing

Competitive

Best Relationship: Work

Worst Relationship: Friendship

“Assimilating Experienceâ€

This solid, tough relationship can stand a lot of knocks. At the same time, it is characterized by an ease in assimilating experience and by a natural feeling between the partners. It shows imagination, vision and an orientation toward the future. Sometimes the only thing needed to bring out someone’s creativity is a relaxed and open approach, and Capricorn III’s will particularly appreciate this relationship for allowing their creative side to be activated, a side too often neglected by people who lean on their strong shoulder for support. Virgo II’s, too, will be happy that their unusual ideas and personalities are finding an understanding audience. True, challenging experiences are bound to confront these two, but the more roadblocks they face, the more determined they will be to break through, and the more they can hope to learn.

Virgo II’s and Capricorn III’s are an excellent match in love affairs, although these affairs may not be strongly romantic. Both partners have a natural attitude to sex and can express affection easily. Their marriages might also click, but in a different way: here responsibilities, and the opportunity to build an effective family unit, usually gain ascendancy. Many disagreements and arguments over day-to-day details can emerge, for as spouses these two don’t necessarily see eye to eye on practical matters, and both will regard themselves as specialists in these areas. Building, restoring or refurbishing a home can be especially stressful in this relationship.

At work these partners make an outstanding combination. Virgo II’s are especially good at tending to financial and business matters, while Capricorn III’s contribute powerful skills in planning and administering projects. Friendships and family relationships (parent-child or sibling) in this combination may experience power struggles in which each individual strives to impose his or her own direction on the other. In order for such relationships to remain intact, some understanding, tolerance and compromise will have to be established. All-out conflict is a scenario best avoided here, at almost any cost.